High Bandwidth Memory on AM5 w/ 4 dimms

I've read now in multiple places where people are getting past the 3600mhz limitation with 4 dimms on am5. I'm running a 7950x and a 6400mhz 32gb gskill kit on an aorus master. Up to date bios and chipset drivers. I have a second sequential kit I removed months ago after finding out the limitations of using 4 dimms. Even tho they advertise it as such, no one will help you because it's "overclock." That's to me, like buying a car advertised with a turbo and taking it in because it won't go above 90mph. I don't understand but whatever. I know next to nothing about how to adjusting ram settings to maybe get around this. I would be perfectly happy if I could get all 4 in the 5000's. Obviously the max stable is the goal. So is there anyone out there with a 7950x and 4 high capacity dimms with Gigabyte bios that would be willing to share their one by one adjustments needed to do better than 3600? Any of your time will be very much appr. Aside from performance, it even comes down to looks. I can't stand the way 2 dimms look in comparison to 4 when rgb is being used. Thank you.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

I have looked high and low and been unable to find a method to get mine to work properly yet. Figure at this point I will just wait a bit and end up with 2 DIMMS of 32GB and call it a day.

Motherboard: X670 AORUS ELITE AX (BIOS version F10a, with AGESA 1.0.0.7a)

Processor: Ryzen 9 7950X

RAM Kits: G. SKILL F5-6000J3636F16G (4x 16GB DIMMS)

image.png.6fa5087d7ca2c13a1d3d519b5c510e24.png

51 minutes ago, littleneutrino said:

I have looked high and low and been unable to find a method to get mine to work properly yet. Figure at this point I will just wait a bit and end up with 2 DIMMS of 32GB and call it a day.

Motherboard: X670 AORUS ELITE AX (BIOS version F10a, with AGESA 1.0.0.7a)

Processor: Ryzen 9 7950X

RAM Kits: G. SKILL F5-6000J3636F16G (4x 16GB DIMMS)

Thank you for sharing. It seems you have the same issue not being able to exceed 3600mhz. I can't find anything where people are listing the whole setup, but I have seen people like buildzoid pull it off. The problem is when he starts talking about all his changes, I haven't a clue what he's talking about. That's why I'm asking for gigabyte bios and each setting specified without any shortened entry names. Even with your photo there, if it were what I was looking for, I'm not sure every entry would match up perfectly with what each are labeled as in the bios. If I could pull bios up in a second in windows I would compare, but I don't want  to close everything I have up just get in the bios for no other reason than to look at it. I just don't know enough about it and it's not something you can just read a couple pages or watch a video and have anywhere near a complete understand of it. I've asked this before months ago but now I've seen where many others have claimed to have done it. Especially since the 24 and 48g dimms have come out. I forget the frequency but one guy had 4-48g dimms and was running them at least at 6000 or high 5s. It may've been higher. I don't remember. So I thought maybe now might time to inquire again. There has to be someone out there.

I'm about to check out the two links provided above right now. Maybe I'll get lucky and find an example.

32 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Thank you, I'll check that out too. I'm only half way through that first link and somehow people werre able to accomplish this in 2022. There's so much there, my head is gonna start spinning soon. I haven't seen it with 128gb yet but surely by now someone has and there has to be listed settings somewhere.

I'm seeing a lot of these zentimings snaps. With all those, to me, seemingly random letter group entries followed by a value, will they line up exactly with options in the gigabyte bios? It feels like I'm trying to cypher the rune stones or something.

Just now, dverdier said:

I'm seeing a lot of these zentimings snaps. With all those, to me, seemingly random letter group entries followed by a value, will they line up exactly with options in the gigabyte bios? It feels like I'm trying to cypher the rune stones or something.

I'm not sure if you can just copy paste those, those are really dependent on your combination of mobo, CPU IMC, and RAM sticks, keeping in mind that silicon lottery plays a role here so each of those components may behave differently from batch to batch.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
Lenovo N23 Yoga

Well sob. This is why I need to find someone with the exact same setup that has beat the 3600 barrier. It's been a long time (like late feb) since I had 4 in there. What do you think the chances are with all bios updates there have been that I could shut down, add the other two, and boot it up with the xmp profile left the way it is and it work? Back then it would take forever every time I would change something trying to make it work. It would take like 10 mins trying to train with no video signal. I couldn't reset the cmos. The only thing I could do is wait it out until it gave up on its own and rebooted to default by itself.

12 minutes ago, dverdier said:

Well sob. This is why I need to find someone with the exact same setup that has beat the 3600 barrier. It's been a long time (like late feb) since I had 4 in there. What do you think the chances are with all bios updates there have been that I could shut down, add the other two, and boot it up with the xmp profile left the way it is and it work? Back then it would take forever every time I would change something trying to make it work. It would take like 10 mins trying to train with no video signal. I couldn't reset the cmos. The only thing I could do is wait it out until it gave up on its own and rebooted to default by itself.

6400MHz? No go.

Maybe if you do 4800 or 5200. People reported 128gb kits that were rated for 5200MHz working right out of the box, but the higher clocked ones wouldn't.

The 48gb kits also seem to be able to easily clock higher out of the box with just XMP at 5600MHz.

Lenovo N23 Yoga

10 minutes ago, igormp said:

6400MHz? No go.

Maybe if you do 4800 or 5200. People reported 128gb kits that were rated for 5200MHz working right out of the box, but the higher clocked ones wouldn't.

The 48gb kits also seem to be able to easily clock higher out of the box with just XMP at 5600MHz.

Yeah I figured as much. I've seen that around. That's why I thought maaaaybe. I would be totally happy with 5000 something. It looks like I'm going to have to teach myself this stuff somehow. That seems like an advanced college course that would have multiple other classes before it working up to that. Outside of that, maybe one day I'll get lucky and the right person will see this and have mercy. Thx for your time and input. I'm gonna keep reading.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to doing a few things to my rig. I closed it up and thought oh shit, I forgot to try the other ram. I put all 4 in there and turned it on. It didn't work but I think it changed some of the settings on its own. I got a boot failure instead of resetting itself to 3600. I went into bios and some things that I think we're on auto before weren't. I switched them back and tried 58 as my multiplier. It took a while but it's up and running. I'm going to dl a mem test and see if it'll do 6000, if 5800 passes.