New Case Choice!!

jdsb52

Im trying to choose my next case, got a CM Storm Trooper, so far i got the Phanteks Primo and Luxe in mind (like the fact that with the new Pro and probably Luxe that you can totally disassemble it), something with a big window and similar space, and room for my Areocool Sharks x2 120's and x3 140's, room for some water cooling, and gooood cable managment! Haf Stacker comes in to my choice a bit....still not too keen on lack of filters and the cable routing space! dont like 760t, looks soo flimsy, and the 540 Air dont have room for my fans, even tho it does look good for a cube, Any more ideas!!  :blink: Oh and need optical space!

Cooler master Haf-X, nVidia Edition if you can, or a Windowed Define R4, or NZXT Phantom Series  are the best i could think of

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Cooler master Haf-X, nVidia Edition if you can, or a Windowed Define R4, or NZXT Phantom Series  are the best i could think of

Have been looking at the NZXT, like the lights of the 820, but the nice window edition of the 630, plus the 630 is actually bigger than my trooper which has surprised me a bit!

Have been looking at the NZXT, like the lights of the 820, but the nice window edition of the 630, plus the 630 is actually bigger than my trooper which has surprised me a bit!

what about Price ? witch of the three i suggested is chipper for you mate ?

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Not a fan of CM cases, the Primo ones you mentioned look top notch and that's where i'd throw my money if I was you.

What about the NXZT H440?

Need optical! got bluray drive! maybe i should put that in the main!

Not a fan of CM cases, the Primo ones you mentioned look top notch and that's where i'd throw my money if I was you.

Yeah i like the full disassembly of the pro and the Luxe and space in the Primo, dont know weather the primo rev.2 has got rid of all rivets and gone all screws like teh pro and luxe, anyone here know if the NZXT Pahntoms have all screws??

Yeah i like the full disassembly of the pro and the Luxe and space in the Primo, dont know weather the primo rev.2 has got rid of all rivets and gone all screws like teh pro and luxe, anyone here know if the NZXT Pahntoms have all screws??

I have the NZXT Phantom 530 and this is how much you can disassemble it.

The rest is riveted...so yeah.

But it is a really cool case nonetheless! 

log_2-2z3q78.jpg

;)

Build Log: The beautiful Workhorse

Case_NZXT Phantom 530 Black CPU_Intel i7 4770K Cooling_NZXT Kraken X60 Motherboard_MSI MPower Z87 Graphic_MSI GeForce GTX 760 HAWK-Edition 

RAM_Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB DDR3-1866 PSU_Corsair RM Series 750W SSD_Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Stoarge_Western-Digital Green 2T

what about Price ? witch of the three i suggested is chipper for you mate ?

soz didnt see your post, was never a fan of the Haf series tbh, the fractal, dont really like the plain front the NZXT's like the lights in teh 820, but the 630 is the new 820 and comes with a full window edition rather than the tiny window on the 820, plus the 630 just surpised me by being bigger than my Trooper  :huh:

I have the NZXT Phantom 530 and this is how much you can disassemble it.

The rest is riveted...so yeah.

But it is a really cool case nonetheless! 

log_2-2z3q78.jpg

;)

Does look good in black, a 630 with my aerocool sharks red leds would look quite good, Good to know thanks, seems they have alot of case accessories to add on aswell,

Does look good in black, a 630 with my aerocool sharks red leds would look quite good, Good to know thanks, seems they have alot of case accessories to add on aswell,

Yes it does ^^

thou I am gonna paint it in matte black. Not quite a fan of the glossy finish. It is very prone to fingerprints.

And yes its got a good amount of features. Many of which are on the 630 as well I think.

Here is a pic of all the parts I striped off 

If you like a big window and a lot of space to work with I think the 630 would be the better choice.

Its just a bit bigger and cleaner. I just didn't need all the space that's why I went with the 530

But NZXT is all in all a good choice. really solid cases from what I can tell

Case_NZXT Phantom 530 Black CPU_Intel i7 4770K Cooling_NZXT Kraken X60 Motherboard_MSI MPower Z87 Graphic_MSI GeForce GTX 760 HAWK-Edition 

RAM_Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB DDR3-1866 PSU_Corsair RM Series 750W SSD_Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Stoarge_Western-Digital Green 2T

Yes it does ^^

thou I am gonna paint it in matte black. Not quite a fan of the glossy finish. It is very prone to fingerprints.

And yes its got a good amount of features. Many of which are on the 630 as well I think.

Here is a pic of all the parts I striped off 

If you like a big window and a lot of space to work with I think the 630 would be the better choice.

Its just a bit bigger and cleaner. I just didn't need all the space that's why I went with the 530

But NZXT is all in all a good choice. really solid cases from what I can tell

Nice!!! and im guessing you can change the LEDs of the case??? Thats why i was drawn to the primo easy to swap and luxe for just having all that ambient lighting!

Nice!!! and im guessing you can change the LEDs of the case??? Thats why i was drawn to the primo easy to swap and luxe for just having all that ambient lighting!

yes you can.

the two in the back are simply cliped in place.

the front ones are clued but it would absolutely be possible to swap them too if you have the aptitude ;)

yes you can.

the two in the back are simply cliped in place.

the front ones are clued but it would absolutely be possible to swap them too if you have the aptitude ;)

The strip glued or that part of the case?? :blink:

The strip glued or that part of the case?? :blink:

I'm talking about the IO lights to clarify

Other then the 2 IO led's in the front and the 2 led in the back IO there is no other light in the Phantom

I'm talking about the IO lights to clarify

Other then the 2 IO led's in the front and the 2 led in the back IO there is no other light in the Phantom

Ohhh i see, some basic soldering skills needed and, soz im getting muddled you got the 530, i thought it had strips on the sides like the 630 and 820  :ph34r:

Ohhh i see, some basic soldering skills needed and, soz im getting muddled you got the 530, i thought it had strips on the sides like the 630 and 820  :ph34r:

hehe yea I guessed that much no worrys man ;)

But I think the cases are fairly similar just different in size and drive bays and such things

Basic soldering would be the most you would have to do I think.

Anyway I hope I could help ;)

hehe yea I guessed that much no worrys man ;)

But I think the cases are fairly similar just different in size and drive bays and such things

Basic soldering would be the most you would have to do I think.

Anyway I hope I could help ;)

Yeah you have dude, thanks now just gotta wait til the Luxe comes out and then make up my mind, and your right, 630 just a bigger version of yours, no LED light strip on the outside of the case, might have to google to see what modders have done to it!

Yeah you have dude, thanks now just gotta wait til the Luxe comes out and then make up my mind, and your right, 630 just a bigger version of yours, no LED light strip on the outside of the case, might have to google to see what modders have done to it!

Glad I could.

And you can always get some aftermarket LED stripes and slap them on wherever ;)

Also, [shameless-plug] you can check out my build log in my sig and see what I have planned with my Phantom [/shameless-plug] :D

760t by corsair

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

760t by corsair

Im still very Eh! on that one, looks wise quite a unique simple design, but im still sceptical on its construction and rigidity!

Im still very Eh! on that one, looks wise quite a unique simple design, but im still sceptical on its construction and rigidity!

Linus said himself that when the side panels are on and closed, he is suprised on how well it actually is built. did you watch the review?

Also, im planning on it and you can take my word, im not going to buy something that can potentially break my components....

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Linus said himself that when the side panels are on and closed, he is suprised on how well it actually is built. did you watch the review?

Also, im planning on it and you can take my word, im not going to buy something that can potentially break my components....

Yeah i did, Linus is the first go to for any review! ;)

Yeah i did, Linus is the first go to for any review! ;)

Of course! Did you enjoy it?

Current