It's my first ever build and I need help!!!

@QuantumSingularitythank you for the explanation on mobos. I’ll swap the spending into the more expensive mother board and go for the artic liquid freezer instead of the corsair

So you would say I should I get the 3 SN850X 2tb ssds instead of the 4tb western digital black and 2tb Samsung 980 pro? Keep in mind I liked this since I already plan on adding a 1tb samsuns 980 that I’ve already been using that has some games I’ve downloaded on that already. 

so which combination of ssds will give me the best and fastest performance? 3x 2tb plus my one 1tb Samsung 

Or the 4tb , 2tb, and my 1tb 

As for the case, being that the radiator is enormous, how can I choose a case that I know will be good for airflow? I really like cases that have the glass panels on the side and the front. Are there any cases anyone can recommended that have that look and that will fit my radiator (420mm) 

Keep in mind I don’t finally plan to buy these parts until late august mid September unless I see one of these parts on sale then I’ll snag one before. But I ask all of this now so I know what I’m looking for. It’s my first ever build, I’ve recently been looking and feeding on information because I’m sure like everyone else, I want the best I can possibly get with the money I can afford to put in 3.5- 3.7K 

(I know GPU prices fluctuate a lot and that can often throw off budget) 

1 hour ago, Kevin Ramirez said:

Also keep in mind I have a INNOCN 27G1S 27 Inch Gaming Monitor 1440P 240Hz... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BV9BBNNJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share 

So I want to make sure I can use this monitor at its highest level possible.

I'd rather get something like this name brand monitor 

Asus ROG Strix XG27AQM 27.0" 2560 x 1440 270 Hz Monitor (90LM06U5-B013B0) - PCPartPicker

LG 27GR95QE-B 26.5" 2560 x 1440 240 Hz Monitor (27GR95QE-B) - PCPartPicker

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 hour ago, filpo said:

I already have the monitor I listed previously so I’m not looking to buy a different one

2 minutes ago, Kevin Ramirez said:

I already have the monitor I listed previously so I’m not looking to buy a different one

Oh sorry. The 4090 should be able to get high framerates in most games at 1440p. Definitely in the less demeaning titles but idk about the newest AAA games like hogwarts legacy and maybe even starfield. it will probably still get over 100 fps though

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

On 7/27/2023 at 4:40 PM, Kevin Ramirez said:

Also keep in mind I have a INNOCN 27G1S 27 Inch Gaming Monitor 1440P 240Hz... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BV9BBNNJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share 

So I want to make sure I can use this monitor at its highest level possible.

Front glass panels look cool, but the airflow is atrocious. If you move the intake to the side and fit the fans on the side, they will pull air, but still the airflow will be obstructed, because the air has to make 90° turn to exit from the back and the top of the case. Nothing is as good as a mesh front panel. I still have a case with glass front panel and although it has filtered vents on both sides for sucking air, my GPU temp difference is 11°C with the panel on and off. So be very careful when choosing. Cooling being it air or water also obstructs airflow, so think twice before buying. 

As for the rest - There is absolutely no difference if you have 3x2TB drives or 1TB+2TB+4TB. The difference in performance and lifespan comes from whether the drives in question have DRAM controller and cache or they don't the SN850X doesn't so in theory it should be a bit slower than any NVMe drive with the same generation of data transfer interface which has DRAM. 

Finally - if your budget fits a good X670E mobo and a 4090 (like your does), don't sacrifice them to get stuff like expensive fans. Also don't cheap out on the PSU. This one is the thing that will pay out most into the future.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |