Midrange GPU recommendation that won't burn my wallet

Hi fellas, trying to come up with a GPU to put in a build I am thinking of making.

It's been a while since I last upgraded ( currently rocking i5-7600K with an RTX 1060), so I wanted to get something that could at least run things pretty decently on 1080p (maybe 2K).

So far I have settled on an i7-12700K, onto an Asrock H670 motherboard. Got some new ram as my current sticks are at 2400Mhz. I already have all other parts (PSU, CPU cooler, case, fans). I am now stuck wondering what would be a decent GPU to get, hopefully one that does not demolish my wallet.

I was thinking about a 3060/3060ti , but I am not sure if they are good value. Are 3070s worth the extra money, or are 3060s good enough?

Hope some of yall have a good idea/recommendation.

I've attached the parts I picked so far (prices in AUD)

PC-Build.png

Look for a used 12600/12700k alongside a used z690 as 200aud for a h670 is a ripoff and you should opt for a <150aud board if you are buying new, but might aswell take advantage of the used market and oc/undervolt features of z690 as the risk is next to non existent, same thing goes for cpus but risk is literally non existent (extremely rare for a cpu to fail unless it has been physically damaged)

As for gpu look for a used 3080(ti) or 6800(xt), why pay more for inferior new gpus

What will you do with it? 12700k is pretty powerful but 3060/3070 are mediocre, for gaming you could get say a 13400 and have more budget for the GPU 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Are you going only going to be gaming and general use? If yes, then you're overspending on the CPU and under-spending on the GPU.

In general if your budget is limited, always go for the used market but only stick to some parts, as mentioned above.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

11 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

In general if your budget is limited, always go for the used market but only stick to some parts, as mentioned above.

Avoid ones that dont save that much money used, which is usually just storage, everything else you can go ahead, ones that will almost always save you money would be the gpu and the psu, gpu because idiotic fearmongering towards miner cards (ez deals), psu because again idiotic fearmongering but more related to lifespan (dummies that think psus last 5 years even though all units last 10-15 years)

Here in SEA cases are unviable to buy used cause local brands and china provide some good cases 20-30$ (incl rgb fans and even mesh front), some used cpus are also unviable cause idiots think a 3600 is still worth 80$

22 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Look for a used 12600/12700k alongside a used z690 as 200aud for a h670 is a ripoff and you should opt for a <150aud board if you are buying new, but might aswell take advantage of the used market and oc/undervolt features of z690 as the risk is next to non existent, same thing goes for cpus but risk is literally non existent (extremely rare for a cpu to fail unless it has been physically damaged)

As for gpu look for a used 3080(ti) or 6800(xt), why pay more for inferior new gpus

Thats some good suggestions. Any advice on a motherboard to look out for? As for buying used GPUs, gonna try looking for some 3080.

Thanks for the info!

22 hours ago, Dukesilver27- said:

Are you going only going to be gaming and general use? If yes, then you're overspending on the CPU and under-spending on the GPU.

Gaming and hosting a plex server. That would be its general use.