Is my power supply enough for a EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX

So i built my pc a few weeks ago ( i7 4770k, 8gb ram, 120gb SSD) and now can buy a GPU. I am considering the GTX 770 from EVGA the superclocked with ACX cooler, but i remember hearing that it needs a certain amount/type of power minimum 600w with 12 volts or something to that nature?
I have a CX-600m power supply from corsair. will it be enough and is it compatible with the EVGA version of the 770?
Thanks.

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

600 is plenty

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

more then enough

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

So i built my pc a few weeks ago ( i7 4770k, 8gb ram, 120gb SSD) and now can buy a GPU. I am considering the GTX 770 from EVGA the superclocked with ACX cooler, but i remember hearing that it needs a certain amount/type of power minimum 600w with 12 volts or something to that nature?

I have a CX-600m power supply from corsair. will it be enough and is it compatible with the EVGA version of the 770?

Thanks.

yup!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

600 is plenty

more then enough

few, started getting a little worried there, saw logans review of the 770 and he mentioned that it needed 12+ rail volts to the card?

hahha oh well i shall order it and see how it goes!

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

few, started getting a little worried there, saw logans review of the 770 and he mentioned that it needed 12+ rail volts to the card?

hahha oh well i shall order it and see how it goes!

just plug it into the area thats for the gpus on your cx 600 and you will be fine 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

just plug it into the area thats for the gpus on your cx 600 and you will be fine 

will do, its a modular power supply so its pretty easy for a first time builder. i can see why linus loved them!

cheers everyone

Yes, the GTX 770 requires 42A on the +12V rail and the CX-600M has 46A so you're good.

I'm running my 770 on a Seasonic 550w with no problems.

Yes, the GTX 770 requires 42A on the +12V rail and the CX-600M has 46A so you're good.

wow when did you upgrade from the 7850? 

Specs

wow when did you upgrade from the 7850? 

How'd you know I was running a *7870? Yous a spy or something...? :ph34r:

Just got mine last week, thank you for asking. :D

All power supplies come with at least one 12 volt rail, what is important is the wattage given to that 12 volt rail.

If sufficient wattage is given to the 12 volt rail then it will have more than the needed amperage for the GPU.

Following the P=IV formula you can calculate if a power supply is sufficient by knowing any 2 of the three pieces of information.

P = Power in Watts

I = Current in Amps

V = Voltage in Volts

Have fun :)

Comb it with a brick

How'd you know I was running a *7870? Yous a spy or something...? :ph34r:

Just got mine last week, thank you for asking. :D

maybe you shouldnt leave specs in your signature :P anyway enjoy 

Specs

Its enough now insert the beast.. :ph34r:

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

maybe you shouldnt leave specs in your signature :P anyway enjoy 

Oh my... I forgot I edited my sig.

Anyways, thanks. This card confirmed for eating games like babies. :)

awesome thank you so much!

It's fine

thanks

Its enough now insert the beast.. :ph34r:

hahahah cant wait man! gonna order it tomorrow!

cer tain ly

cheers man!

thanks everyone cant wait to play a crap load of games on this beast, got a 2 month break off uni from june to july. safe to say we know what ill be doing ahhah cheers everyone!