Minecraft 1080P 144hz build

ShayOh

Budget (including currency): $200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Minecraft/Robolox, Steam low mid, mostly indie games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 
AMD RADEON RX 590

*Following the previous post on the GPU forum*

*Yes I know Minecraft is mostly CPU hungry*

*SOLD* *IRRELEVENT*

Building my son a school/Minecraft/Roblox build, started by buying a prebuilt Lenovo tower with an i5 6500/2tb mechanical/16 GB ram. ($60)

*SOLD* *IRRELEVENT*

I bought an RX 590 today ($70)

The problem is I will need to replace the power supply since it doesn't have the extra 8-pin for the GPU. Also, I had to unplug the front I/O From the motherboard because the cable was in the way to even mount the GPU.

So I am beginning to think I will most likely need to replace the motherboard power supply probably add SSD and possibly the case to complete the build.

so what would be a proper $200 best bang for the $ mobo power supply?

thank you!

Ares games 750 watt psu gold is pretty good. I dont know if itd fit in your pc's case. Seen em go for 70-ish usd. But some cables are built into the psu not remivable so this may be a pain cable management wise. 

I dont know amd card equivalents but mine runs an 8086k + p104-100, some ram and 2 nvmes + an ssd. So make sure thats the appropriate wattage needed. The 850 gold version of that is 100. But same cable issue. 

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

What parts of the front i/o aren't fitting?

Does the motherboard have an m.2 slot?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What parts of the front i/o aren't fitting?

Does the motherboard have an m.2 slot?

The Front I/O is fine; the SATA cable from the I/O to the motherboard is in the way and prevents me from using the GPU I just bought.
It's hardwired to the I/O, and I might be able to find a slim 90-degree extender that I could use, but it seems like a lot of work, and since I do have a bit of budget left for this overall birthday gift (Saturday, July 29th), I thought of fitting a "new" used CPU/mobo/power supply. I can survive without an SSD and buy it later in a few months.

Gpu isnt a major concern for a minecraft build, cpu is abit weak though and thats what really matters for high refresh mc

Can you take a pic of the psu and its wattage table? You can undervolt the gpu to run around 100-120w considering my 580 2048sp at .86v runs at 95w for the gpu chip itself (1120 core) and that cpu will problably not be drawing much more than its tdp at full load, id say you can problably get away with even a 20a 12v rail at worst

14 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Gpu isnt a major concern for a minecraft build, cpu is abit weak though and thats what really matters for high refresh mc

Can you take a pic of the psu and its wattage table? You can undervolt the gpu to run around 100-120w considering my 580 2048sp at .86v runs at 95w for the gpu chip itself (1120 core) and that cpu will problably not be drawing much more than its tdp at full load, id say you can problably get away with even a 20a 12v rail at worst

well the PSU will need to be replaced since i dont have an extra 8pin connecter to plug in the GPU, and yea this is why i thought of just replacing the CPU/MOBO + PSU. but then again, the budget is tight.

14 minutes ago, ShayOh said:

well the PSU will need to be replaced since i dont have an extra 8pin connecter to plug in the GPU, and yea this is why i thought of just replacing the CPU/MOBO + PSU. but then again, the budget is tight.

Fuck the ideals and look at your current situation, you wanna stick to ideals then stop being a cheapskate and fork up the money

just buy a sata to 8 pin, you wont really be running that much power through the 8 pin anyways once undervolted

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Fuck the ideals and look at your current situation, you wanna stick to ideals then stop being a cheapskate and fork up the money

just buy a sata to 8 pin, you wont really be running that much power through the 8 pin anyways once undervolted

I think I actually solved the problem altogether.  I found on both Amazon and Newegg a deal for a Ryzen 5 4600 with a motherboard for $180.
That way, I can use the same case, get an upgrade in performance, and try and squeeze in a new PSU in these $20ish.

2 hours ago, ShayOh said:

I found on both Amazon and Newegg a deal for a Ryzen 5 4600 with a motherboard for $180.

Thats kinda horrid when you can get both for 100-150$ consistently on ebay, but instead of 4500 its Ryzen 5 3600 so the memory controller isnt fully cursed. Try to save that 20-25$ more for 5500 and get the full fat Zen 3 architecture instead of a rehashed failed Zen 2 cores.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 3:12 AM, SorryBella said:

Thats kinda horrid when you can get both for 100-150$ consistently on ebay, but instead of 4500 its Ryzen 5 3600 so the memory controller isnt fully cursed. Try to save that 20-25$ more for 5500 and get the full fat Zen 3 architecture instead of a rehashed failed Zen 2 cores.

Sorry to bump an old thread but, now i sold the old computer, and all in on buying new parts, so now i need everything but a Graphics card.
The only part i absolutely know nothing about and cannot decide on is the motherboard.

keeping in mind, its a simple minecraft/roblox build, it would probably only have one m.2 or one SSD, so nothing special, it would probably not be overclocked, i will be using the rx 590, i will be using the cooler that comes with the CPU...

what would be a decent build?

2 hours ago, ShayOh said:

what would be a decent build?

new? Not much 

Actually nothing that good 

Just try going for something like this used pc

Dell Optiplex Computer PC Desktop Windows 10 Pro Intel i7-8700 32GB RAM 1TB SSD | eBay

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 hour ago, filpo said:

new? Not much 

Actually nothing that good 

Just try going for something like this used pc

Dell Optiplex Computer PC Desktop Windows 10 Pro Intel i7-8700 32GB RAM 1TB SSD | eBay

What about:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166260367991?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=_G10T0pqTga&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=QeAukkkjQJK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

6 hours ago, ShayOh said:

Sorry to bump an old thread but, now i sold the old computer, and all in on buying new parts

Think you should build a new thread instead and update the money you have right now. Itll also get more new eyes on your problem.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

On 8/20/2023 at 10:51 PM, ShayOh said:

That would also work. But if you have 300 bucks to spend then keep looking around

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)