VR American Truck Simulator

Go to solution Solved by trufret,

Sounds like a similar issue i would get in DCS World in VR. When I'd turn my head the whole screen would wobble like it was looking through a water effect.

It was related to motion re-projection and disabling that in SteamVR would fix the issue.

This was using a Reverb G2 WMR headset but might be something similar with SteamVR motion re-projection or Oculus ASW.

Might want to try disabling those and see if the issue goes away.

I recently picked up playing ATS in VR. Setup was a breeze and everything is easy to adjust. However I have not touched graphics settings. And I seem to have an issue where when I'm still the image is crisp as can be, but when I start to move my head or drive forward it makes everything look like a watering mess. I have zero lag at all it's just the image quality being super watering with occasional screen tearing. I waited to adjust the graphics quality until I talked with someone more experienced in beta VR. And yes I definitely am aware that ATS was not made for VR and everything I'm using isn't exactly stable. However I'm seeing people play this in VR with no issues like mine. I wouldn't think it was a graphical limitation as I'm running an i5 12600k and an RTX 3060 KO and 32Gbs of RAM. I am using it over wifi but my PC is hardlined and I'm no more than 5-10ft from my oculus and even when I'm in the other room playing something like Blade and Sorcery from my PC it runs fine so I'm not thinking it's wifi but I thought the info may be necessary. Thank you!

make sure motion blur is off?

i have a head tracker for ETS2, and havent *noticed* fast movements causing significant blur.

I just want head tracking ir and sold my wheel too early lol

Energetically will I meet enemies of the United States

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

make sure motion blur is off?

i have a head tracker for ETS2, and havent *noticed* fast movements causing significant blur.

It's not like motion blur... it looks like pixelated distortion

Sounds like a similar issue i would get in DCS World in VR. When I'd turn my head the whole screen would wobble like it was looking through a water effect.

It was related to motion re-projection and disabling that in SteamVR would fix the issue.

This was using a Reverb G2 WMR headset but might be something similar with SteamVR motion re-projection or Oculus ASW.

Might want to try disabling those and see if the issue goes away.