Framework 16 laptop preorders steamroll framework website.

Summary

Framework opens Pre-orders for the AMD Ryzen Framework 16, and is immediately smashed with a huge number of Pre-orders, causing errors at checkout due to high load on their servers. In about 12 hours, Framework sells through 4 batches and is into batch 5.

Quotes

Include a quote from the article that explains the news in a bit more detail. Don't quote the whole article, but it should be enough to give the reader a reasonable idea about what's going on. 

My thoughts

For a company that makes a product that "Nobody wants to buy", Framework sure has found a lot of nobody's who what to buy their product. Dell, HP, and others will need to react quickly if they hope to be relevant for longer.

Sources

https://fosstodon.org/@frameworkcomputer/110735860255068882

https://fosstodon.org/@frameworkcomputer/110735929861739767

https://fosstodon.org/@frameworkcomputer/110735931203696685

https://fosstodon.org/@frameworkcomputer/110738442888241401

https://fosstodon.org/@frameworkcomputer/110735624720598160

-Moved to Laptops and Pre Builts-

This post does not meet Tech News Posting Guidelines.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I wouldn't mind eventually being able to buy only framework laptops and SFF machines. I have to run several of both at work.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

-Moved to Laptops and Pre Builts-

This post does not meet Tech News Posting Guidelines.

For future refrence, how does this not meet the guidelines? I would consider it very relavent to tech and totally something I would expect to see on tech linked.

2 minutes ago, Minecraftchest1 said:

For future refrence, how does this not meet the guidelines? I would consider it very relavent to tech and totally something I would expect to see on tech linked.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 minutes ago, Minecraftchest1 said:

I did read through there. Can we discuss this in DM's?

(DM's are a bit broken right now due to some forum issues)

To further clarify, Tech news Posting Guidlelines are very strict. Namely, 

• Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.

links to the product page of the manufacturers website is not considered a news source. Additionally,

• Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags to show that you have copied this content from another site.

Since you didn't have a direct website source, it makes sense why this one also wasn't fulfilled. Still, it's a required part of the post in order to comply with the posting guidelines. 

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

(DM's are a bit broken right now due to some forum issues)

To further clarify, Tech news Posting Guidlelines are very strict. Namely, 

links to the product page of the manufacturers website is not considered a news source. Additionally,

Since you didn't have a direct website source, it makes sense why this one also wasn't fulfilled. Still, it's a required part of the post in order to comply with the posting guidelines. 

Thanks. I did forget the quote and I understand the link one. I will remember for next time.