Iphone 13 won't show up on pc (windows 10) at all, help :D

Go to solution Solved by CriSis_,

Still haven't found a solution yet :9, will update post if i find one or if anybody has any idea what the problem could be 😄. Looks like the best option for now is google photos. 

So i've been trying to back up a bunch of photos and videos of a Queen concert to my pc and for whatever reason my phone does not show up at all 😞. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers / device and it still hasnt changed anything. Anybody got any clue what could be the problem? 

Cheers in advance,

Lex.

You need to use a data capable cable and make sure you have the data access feature turned on in the phone settings. I don't remember where or what it's called specifically.  Another way to do it would be to install Google Photos on both the phone and computer, you can then sync the photos and videos you want to the GP app on your phone with a Gmail account, and when you log into it on the PC it will have the same photos and videos and you can save them to the computer. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Got iTunes installed?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

22 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

You need to use a data capable cable and make sure you have the data access feature turned on in the phone settings. I don't remember where or what it's called specifically.  Another way to do it would be to install Google Photos on both the phone and computer, you can then sync the photos and videos you want to the GP app on your phone with a Gmail account, and when you log into it on the PC it will have the same photos and videos and you can save them to the computer. 

Got a proper cable and made sure its working with my other phone, trying to find the setting atm 😄. Guess if all else fails ill try the google photos way xD. Cheers for the help 🙂

17 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Got iTunes installed?

Yep, tried to sign in and it will accept the password but then throws me straight back to the window with the sign in thing again. I double checked the password and it is correct so not sure what the problem is there :9

50 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Tried to find a setting similar to what you described and came up empty handed :9 though if it helps i was asked to trust the computer and every now and then when connecting / disconnecting it will ask me if i want to authorise the access of data on the device so thats probs its xD.

Unfortunately though i still cannot get it to show up, i did for a a few mins by uninstalling the drivers after realising its listed as MTP device in device manager and restarting both the phone and pc but when i tried to access the devices internal storage it took ages to load and just got stuck on the loading bar. After that when trying to leave or re open the "this pc" section of file explorer the windows desktop home screen would just reset itself :9. No idea whats going on but something tells me this is a driver issue / issue with windows :9

theres an app called simpletransfer that allows you to wirelessly throw photos and videos from your pc to your phone and vice versa.

‎Simple Transfer - Photo+Video on the App Store (apple.com)

once you open the app on your phone go to https://simpletransfer.app/connect on your computer.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

21 hours ago, SignatureSigner said:

theres an app called simpletransfer that allows you to wirelessly throw photos and videos from your pc to your phone and vice versa.

‎Simple Transfer - Photo+Video on the App Store (apple.com)

once you open the app on your phone go to https://simpletransfer.app/connect on your computer.

Cheers 😄, will try the google photos method first and if that somehow doesnt work ill give this a shot 

Still haven't found a solution yet :9, will update post if i find one or if anybody has any idea what the problem could be 😄. Looks like the best option for now is google photos.