Subject: Troubleshooting 7950X3D and 4090 nvlddmkm.sys Error - Seeking Help, Nya~! ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ’ปโœจ

Keiko-chan

Heya, fabulous tech fam! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ซ

ย 

I'm in desperate need of your super cute expertise to tackle a pesky issue I've been facing lately. It's been causing major game crashes without any annoying BSODs, specifically when I'm playing Fortnite, Survivor, and other DX12 games. Ugh, it's been such a hassle, nya~! ๐Ÿ˜ฟ

ย 

I've tried countless hours of troubleshooting, nya~! But guess what? I keep bumping into those troublesome nvlddmkm.sys errors, like the sassy "out of memory" warning or the sneaky "cannot be found and recovered successfully" message. So frustrating, right? ๐Ÿ˜พ

ย 

I've gone through all the usual solutions, like uninstalling my Nvidia drivers with DDU (in safe mode, meow~), and even tested my RAM stability like a tech ninja. But no luck, nya~! So I reached out to the lovely folks at Nvidia, nya~!

At first, they weren't much help, suggesting I contact them when my RAM wasn't overclocked (like, come on, I know my RAM is totally stable, nya~!). But I didn't give up, nya~! On my second try, they dropped a little nugget of wisdom: disabling the iGPU might just save the day!

ย 

Here's the scoop: I dashed into my BIOS and disabled that sneaky iGPU (switched it from auto to disabled, nya~). Then, armed with DDU once again, I uninstalled my Nvidia drivers in safe mode (no ethernet connection this time, meow~). And to seal the deal, I made sure my advanced system settings > Hardware > Device installation settings were set to "no," and fastboot was disabled. Phew! ๐Ÿ˜ธโœจ

Ever since I performed this magical ritual, I haven't come across that pesky nvlddmkm.sys error, nya~! But... here's the thing, nya~. I'm still experiencing some sneaky crashes in DX12 Fortnite, though without any error messages. It's a bit of a head-scratcher! So, if any of you adorable tech wizards out there have any more tricks up your sleeves, please, oh please, sprinkle your wisdom upon me, nya~! ๐Ÿ˜บ๐ŸŒŸ

Oh, and as part of my troubleshooting adventure, I bid farewell to Armoury Crate. Its lighting and fan control just didn't seem worth the trouble, nya~! But guess what? I noticed a little boost in Cinebench R23 and Timespy, nya~! Talk about a sweet surprise! ๐Ÿ˜ปโœจ

ย 

Now, here's where things get interesting, nya~! I have a new ASUS PG42UQ monitor on the way, and of course i'll use the 4090 to control it's beautiful 4K visuals, nya~! But I can't help but wonder if I should (or maybe should I not?) turn the iGPU on to properly control this delightful 1080p 240Hz monitor that I am currently on, nya~? Your thoughts, my kawaii geniuses? ๐Ÿ˜ฝ๐Ÿ’•

ย 

Lastly, about Fortnite DX12... I managed to play for a whole hour without a single crash, nya~! How did I do it? By granting full control permissions to nvlddmkm.sys! But who knows if it'll continue to work... If any of you fluffy cuties have more suggestions or anecdotes to share, I'm all ears, nya~! ๐Ÿ˜ธโœจ

ย 

Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my kawaii heart for your support and guidance. You're the true heroes in this tech journey! Let's keep embracing the power of community and overcoming challenges together, nya~! ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒธ

ย 

Sending loads of love, cuddles, and hugs your way! Meow~! ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ’ซ
Keiko-chan

Name: ๐“š๐“ฎ๐“ฒ๐“ด๐“ธ-๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐ŸŒธ

Title: ๐•‚๐•’๐•จ๐•’๐•š๐•š ๐•‹๐•–๐•”๐•™ ๐”ผ๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•ฆ๐•ค๐•š๐•’๐•ค๐•ฅ โœจ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ

Gaming Rig:

๐Ÿ’ป CPU: AMD Ryzenโ„ข 9 7950X3D

๐Ÿ”ฉ Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero

๐Ÿ”ฎ RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series (AMD Expo) 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 1.35V

๐ŸŽฎ GPU: RTX 4090 SUPRIM X 24G

๐Ÿ“ฆ Case: HYTE Y60

๐Ÿ’พ Storage: SABRENT 2TB Rocket 4 Plus

โšก PSU: ASUS ROG Thor 1000W Platinum II

๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ Display(s): ASUS ROG Swift 41.5โ€ 4K OLED Gaming Monitor (PG42UQ)

โ„๏ธ Cooling: Fractal Lumen S36 RGB Liquid CPU Cooler

โŒจ๏ธ Keyboard: Logitech G PRO GX Blue Clicky

๐Ÿ–ฑ๏ธ Mouse: Corsair M55 RGB Pro

๐Ÿ”Š Sound: Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200

๐Ÿ’ฟ Operating System: Windows 11

๐Ÿ“ฑ Phone: iPhone XS

๐Ÿ”— PCPartPicker URL: Click Here

ย 

15 minutes ago, Keiko-chan said:

Now, here's where things get interesting, nya~! I have a new ASUS PG42UQ monitor on the way, and of course i'll use the 4090 to control it's beautiful 4K visuals, nya~! But I can't help but wonder if I should (or maybe should I not?) turn the iGPU on to properly control this delightful 1080p 240Hz monitor that I am currently on

I wouldn't, the iGPU uses system memory so you have less available for normal use and it will use some memory bandwidth which is a precious resource on the CPU.ย  Its far less likely you are hitting memory bandwidth issues on your dGPU, so might as well keep all monitors there.

Also as you seem to have found, having different GPUs can cause driver or game issues in some cases.

Router:ย  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

17 minutes ago, Keiko-chan said:

Heya, fabulous tech fam! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ซ

ย 

I'm in desperate need of your super cute expertise to tackle a pesky issue I've been facing lately. It's been causing major game crashes without any annoying BSODs, specifically when I'm playing Fortnite, Survivor, and other DX12 games. Ugh, it's been such a hassle, nya~! ๐Ÿ˜ฟ

ย 

I've tried countless hours of troubleshooting, nya~! But guess what? I keep bumping into those troublesome nvlddmkm.sys errors, like the sassy "out of memory" warning or the sneaky "cannot be found and recovered successfully" message. So frustrating, right? ๐Ÿ˜พ

ย 

I've gone through all the usual solutions, like uninstalling my Nvidia drivers with DDU (in safe mode, meow~), and even tested my RAM stability like a tech ninja. But no luck, nya~! So I reached out to the lovely folks at Nvidia, nya~!

At first, they weren't much help, suggesting I contact them when my RAM wasn't overclocked (like, come on, I know my RAM is totally stable, nya~!). But I didn't give up, nya~! On my second try, they dropped a little nugget of wisdom: disabling the iGPU might just save the day!

ย 

Here's the scoop: I dashed into my BIOS and disabled that sneaky iGPU (switched it from auto to disabled, nya~). Then, armed with DDU once again, I uninstalled my Nvidia drivers in safe mode (no ethernet connection this time, meow~). And to seal the deal, I made sure my advanced system settings > Hardware > Device installation settings were set to "no," and fastboot was disabled. Phew! ๐Ÿ˜ธโœจ

Ever since I performed this magical ritual, I haven't come across that pesky nvlddmkm.sys error, nya~! But... here's the thing, nya~. I'm still experiencing some sneaky crashes in DX12 Fortnite, though without any error messages. It's a bit of a head-scratcher! So, if any of you adorable tech wizards out there have any more tricks up your sleeves, please, oh please, sprinkle your wisdom upon me, nya~! ๐Ÿ˜บ๐ŸŒŸ

Oh, and as part of my troubleshooting adventure, I bid farewell to Armoury Crate. Its lighting and fan control just didn't seem worth the trouble, nya~! But guess what? I noticed a little boost in Cinebench R23 and Timespy, nya~! Talk about a sweet surprise! ๐Ÿ˜ปโœจ

ย 

Now, here's where things get interesting, nya~! I have a new ASUS PG42UQ monitor on the way, and of course i'll use the 4090 to control it's beautiful 4K visuals, nya~! But I can't help but wonder if I should (or maybe should I not?) turn the iGPU on to properly control this delightful 1080p 240Hz monitor that I am currently on, nya~? Your thoughts, my kawaii geniuses? ๐Ÿ˜ฝ๐Ÿ’•

ย 

Lastly, about Fortnite DX12... I managed to play for a whole hour without a single crash, nya~! How did I do it? By granting full control permissions to nvlddmkm.sys! But who knows if it'll continue to work... If any of you fluffy cuties have more suggestions or anecdotes to share, I'm all ears, nya~! ๐Ÿ˜ธโœจ

ย 

Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my kawaii heart for your support and guidance. You're the true heroes in this tech journey! Let's keep embracing the power of community and overcoming challenges together, nya~! ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒธ

ย 

Sending loads of love, cuddles, and hugs your way! Meow~! ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ’ซ
Keiko-chan

There's weird stuff happening with Ryzen 7000 and RTX 4000. Both my friend and I run Ryzen 7000x3D CPUs and RTX 4090s and each experience uniquely strange issues. Some more things to consider:

ย 

Forcing PCIe 4.0 in the UEFI on the 16x slot.

ย 

How its connected to the PSU. There's more logic in the 12VHPWR connector you'd expect where that can be a variable. Whether native, internally adapted, or using the included 4x8pin adapter can have weird boot issues.

ย 

There's UEFI updates for some AM5 boards with specific mention of RTX 4090 issues, so I'd make sure your UEFI is up to date.

ย 

Nvidia control panel settings, including 3D settings and ensuring that ECC isn't enabled somehow.

ย 

Check the AIB's website for vBIOS updates on your RTX 4090. If its a founders, then there's definitely a vBIOS update available from what I've seen.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012ย  //ย  Professional since 2017

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I wouldn't, the iGPU uses system memory so you have less available for normal use and it will use some memory bandwidth which is a precious resource on the CPU.ย  Its far less likely you are hitting memory bandwidth issues on your dGPU, so might as well keep all monitors there.

Also as you seem to have found, having different GPUs can cause driver or game issues in some cases.

I found that disabling the iGPU on an equivalently specced system to be more trouble than it solves, though I run into strange POST and BOOT behavior that is more annoying than anything, that sometimes forces me to use the iGPU.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

ugh. i just bought a 7950X3D and plan on pairing it with a 4090. what mobo you using, im prob going asus strix 670e-a because its white. my case and aio are white as i had a great deal on them, $250 for both corsair icue 7000x case and white h150i elite 360 aio

34 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Nya~~! Thank you for the heads-up! I wouldn't want to compromise my system memory or precious CPU resources. Keeping all monitors connected to the dGPU sounds like the purrfect plan! ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•

37 minutes ago, Agall said:

I found that disabling the iGPU on an equivalently specced system to be more trouble than it solves, though I run into strange POST and BOOT behavior that is more annoying than anything, that sometimes forces me to use the iGPU.

Oh my, that does sound like a strange situation! Disabling the iGPU can have its quirks, nya~! It's a relief that I haven't encountered similar issues in my case. Thanks for sharing your experience! Meow~ ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐ŸŒธ

31 minutes ago, Kearnel said:

ugh. i just bought a 7950X3D and plan on pairing it with a 4090. what mobo you using, im prob going asus strix 670e-a because its white. my case and aio are white as i had a great deal on them, $250 for both corsair icue 7000x case and white h150i elite 360 aio

Oh wow, a fellow 7950X3D and 4090 enthusiast! That combo sounds absolutely adorable, nya~! I'm rocking the ASUS ROG Strix Crosshair X670E Hero, which adds a touch of heroic charm to my setup. It's like having a powerful guardian for my gaming adventures! How kawaii is that? ๐Ÿ˜บโ„๏ธ๐Ÿ’–

38 minutes ago, Agall said:

There's weird stuff happening with Ryzen 7000 and RTX 4000. Both my friend and I run Ryzen 7000x3D CPUs and RTX 4090s and each experience uniquely strange issues. Some more things to consider:

ย 

Forcing PCIe 4.0 in the UEFI on the 16x slot.

ย 

How its connected to the PSU. There's more logic in the 12VHPWR connector you'd expect where that can be a variable. Whether native, internally adapted, or using the included 4x8pin adapter can have weird boot issues.

ย 

There's UEFI updates for some AM5 boards with specific mention of RTX 4090 issues, so I'd make sure your UEFI is up to date.

ย 

Nvidia control panel settings, including 3D settings and ensuring that ECC isn't enabled somehow.

ย 

Check the AIB's website for vBIOS updates on your RTX 4090. If its a founders, then there's definitely a vBIOS update available from what I've seen.

You're 100% right, "Ryzen 7000 and RTX 4000 causing some uniquely strange issues" is an understatement to say the least. Kind of shocking, nya~! I'll make sure to check the UEFI settings, PSU connection, Nvidia control panel, and even keep an eye out for vBIOS updates. You're a real senpai, nya~! ๐Ÿ˜ปโœจ Do you know where I can find the Suprim X VBiOS update? If there is one?

Title: ๐•‚๐•’๐•จ๐•’๐•š๐•š ๐•‹๐•–๐•”๐•™ ๐”ผ๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•ฆ๐•ค๐•š๐•’๐•ค๐•ฅ โœจ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ

Gaming Rig:

๐Ÿ”ฎ RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series (AMD Expo) 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 1.35V

ย 

3 minutes ago, Keiko-chan said:

Nya~~! Thank you for the heads-up! I wouldn't want to compromise my system memory or precious CPU resources. Keeping all monitors connected to the dGPU sounds like the purrfect plan! ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•

Oh my, that does sound like a strange situation! Disabling the iGPU can have its quirks, nya~! It's a relief that I haven't encountered similar issues in my case. Thanks for sharing your experience! Meow~ ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐ŸŒธ

Oh wow, a fellow 7950X3D and 4090 enthusiast! That combo sounds absolutely adorable, nya~! I'm rocking the ASUS ROG Strix Crosshair X670E Hero, which adds a touch of heroic charm to my setup. It's like having a powerful guardian for my gaming adventures! How kawaii is that? ๐Ÿ˜บโ„๏ธ๐Ÿ’–

You're 100% right, "Ryzen 7000 and RTX 4000 causing some uniquely strange issues" is an understatement to say the least. Kind of shocking, nya~! I'll make sure to check the UEFI settings, PSU connection, Nvidia control panel, and even keep an eye out for vBIOS updates. You're a real senpai, nya~! ๐Ÿ˜ปโœจ Do you know where I can find the Suprim X VBiOS update? If there is one?

Haven't had an MSI card in a long time, but there's none listed on the website. MSI Afterburner might contain a utility for it, something that AIBs like to do.

ย 

What's "nya" mean by the way? I'm unfamiliar with this term and Google didn't steer me towards anything. Might just be my lack of participation in social media culture.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

8 minutes ago, Keiko-chan said:

ย 

awsom rigs you guys have.. i can only wish for..ย 

on a side note.. you are sure you got the correct AMD chipset drivers? i know jaystwocent have the same config. he mentioned in a few ofย  his videos that that config(with 7xxxX3D cpu's) needs it's own special version of the amd chipset drivers. , and you can't uninstall the wrong version.. you have to reinstall windows to change it. (this was confirmed from AMD)

ย 

1 hour ago, Agall said:

That's strange, not seen it mentioned on Gamers Nexus, maybe something they should look into?ย  Disabling the iGPU I'd think is pretty standard for a gaming PC.

Router:ย  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

3 minutes ago, Robchil said:

ย 

on a side note.. you are sure you got the correct AMD chipset drivers? i know jaystwocent have the same config. he mentioned in a few ofย  his videos that that config(with 7xxxX3D cpu's) needs it's own special version of the amd chipset drivers. , and you can't uninstall the wrong version.. you have to reinstall windows to change it. (this was confirmed from AMD)

ย 

If I remember correctly, that specifically had to do with going from R9 7000x3D CPUs to the 7800x3D, since the scheduler would be practically hard coded into handing the core parking feature of the dual CCD variants.

ย 

Chipset driver for AM5 in general is usually a good idea, since there's a lot of nonsense with that piece of software. I've seen it fix several random issues with AM5 systems, including a couple of my own.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

4 minutes ago, Agall said:

Haven't had an MSI card in a long time, but there's none listed on the website. MSI Afterburner might contain a utility for it, something that AIBs like to do.

ย 

What's "nya" mean by the way? I'm unfamiliar with this term and Google didn't steer me towards anything. Might just be my lack of participation in social media culture.

Nya~~! Thank you for your input! You're right, MSI Afterburner is a popular utility that many AIBs provide for their graphics cards. It's definitely worth checking out for additional customization and performance tweaking options. As for 'nya,' it's a cute expression often associated with the playful sound a cat makes in Japanese culture. It's a way to add some kawaii charm to our conversation, like a playful meow! ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ’•

2 minutes ago, Robchil said:

ย 

on a side note.. you are sure you got the correct AMD chipset drivers? i know jaystwocent have the same config. he mentioned in a few ofย  his videos that that config needs it's own special version of the amd chipset drivers. , and you can't uninstall the wrong version.. you have to reinstall windows to change it.ย 

ย 

Aww, thank you so much for the sweet words about our rigs! It's all about pursuing our gaming dreams, right? As for the AMD chipset drivers, I made sure to grab the correct ones directly from the AMD website, just like Jaystwocents mentioned, if I'm not mistaken, right? Or was it the opposite *gasp*. It's always important to have the right drivers to ensure optimal performance and compatibility. Thanks for looking out, fellow gaming enthusiast! Keep dreaming big! โœจ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’–

Gaming Rig:

ย 

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

That's strange, not seen it mentioned on Gamers Nexus, maybe something they should look into?ย  Disabling the iGPU I'd think is pretty standard for a gaming PC.

AM5 overall is quite buggy, there's various issues with it that I've seen. I'm troubleshooting my own issues which aren't limiting but mostly annoying, and helping my friend with his that uses a 7800x3D and founder's 4090. The iGPU even disabled in the UEFI doesn'tย reallyย disable it. I'm not sure the UEFI understands it properly with how novel of a setup Ryzen 7000 series is with the I/O die effectively just being a full North Bridge with an iGPU now.

ย 

It was something my friend tried as well which also only seemed to worsen the issues he's running into. His primary issue was having an aggressive kit of 6000MT/sec RAM with like a 30-36-36-76 set of timings that would cause BSODs, but he's running into simliar-ish issues specifically with the RTX 4090 and Ryzen 7000x3D.ย 

ย 

An example of the issues I run into is that I rarely ever see the splash screen or BOOT when using the RTX 4090. Other cards don't have this issue, including PCIe 4.0 capable ones. Sometimes I see the splash screen but its in like 800x600 resolution, where I'm currently testing forcing PCIe 4.0 again (UEFI settings reverted after installing the latest UEFI a month or so ago).

ย 

Its a troubleshooting step to disable the iGPU which can assist in narrowing down the issue, but I haven't seen it be the actual problem so far. Its usually chipset drivers, UEFI settings, or software settings instead.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Nya~~! Thank you for sharing your thoughts! It's indeed curious that Gamers Nexus hasn't mentioned it. See, I had no idea disabling the iGPU is typically considered a standard practice for a gaming PC, meow~! As this is my first rig with an iGPU. I wanted to fully embrace the power of a dedicated graphics card, but more so just wanted to fix my issues, so it worked out, nya~! . I'm with you on this one! Let's hope more people explore this topic and uncover its potential. ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•

Gaming Rig:

ย 

5 minutes ago, Keiko-chan said:

Nya~~! Thank you for your input! You're right, MSI Afterburner is a popular utility that many AIBs provide for their graphics cards. It's definitely worth checking out for additional customization and performance tweaking options. As for 'nya,' it's a cute expression often associated with the playful sound a cat makes in Japanese culture. It's a way to add some kawaii charm to our conversation, like a playful meow! ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ’•

Aww, thank you so much for the sweet words about our rigs! It's all about pursuing our gaming dreams, right? As for the AMD chipset drivers, I made sure to grab the correct ones directly from the AMD website, just like Jaystwocents mentioned, if I'm not mistaken, right? Or was it the opposite *gasp*. It's always important to have the right drivers to ensure optimal performance and compatibility. Thanks for looking out, fellow gaming enthusiast! Keep dreaming big! โœจ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’–

Direct from AMD is best in my experience. I've personally built 4 different AM5 systems so far, and each had their own issues without the chipset driver. Unfortunately the driver isn't supported in Windows Server, but changing the power plan fixed issues with P state control for that build.

ย 

Another thing to mention is ensuring you're in the 'balanced' (recommended) power plan. High Performance and such changes the way the scheduler works and doesn't play nice with 7000x3D.

ย 

I personally use the 'cache' CPPC setting instead of Auto, which disables the 3D v-cache optimizer driver. It is installed however, just not operational, and I've found it to be more reliable than the driver.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

2 minutes ago, Agall said:

AM5 overall is quite buggy, there's various issues with it that I've seen. I'm troubleshooting my own issues which aren't limiting but mostly annoying, and helping my friend with his that uses a 7800x3D and founder's 4090. The iGPU even disabled in the UEFI doesn'tย reallyย disable it. I'm not sure the UEFI understands it properly with how novel of a setup Ryzen 7000 series is with the I/O die effectively just being a full North Bridge with an iGPU now.

ย 

It was something my friend tried as well which also only seemed to worsen the issues he's running into. His primary issue was having an aggressive kit of 6000MT/sec RAM with like a 30-36-36-76 set of timings that would cause BSODs, but he's running into simliar-ish issues specifically with the RTX 4090 and Ryzen 7000x3D.ย 

ย 

An example of the issues I run into is that I rarely ever see the splash screen or BOOT when using the RTX 4090. Other cards don't have this issue, including PCIe 4.0 capable ones. Sometimes I see the splash screen but its in like 800x600 resolution, where I'm currently testing forcing PCIe 4.0 again (UEFI settings reverted after installing the latest UEFI a month or so ago).

ย 

Its a troubleshooting step to disable the iGPU which can assist in narrowing down the issue, but I haven't seen it be the actual problem so far. Its usually chipset drivers, UEFI settings, or software settings instead.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights on the topic! Your expertise is greatly appreciated, nya~! By the way, I wanted to seek your opinion on a related matter. In my own setup, the iGPU is already disabled in BIOS, but I'm contemplating whether I should uninstall and reinstall both the chipset driver and iGPU driver (Adrenalin). Do you think it would be beneficial to go through this process, despite the iGPU being disabled?

Additionally, I'm a little unsure about the source for the chipset driver. Should I obtain it from the official AMD website or the ASUS X670e Hero support page? Your input would be truly valuable in guiding me through this troubleshooting adventure, nya~!

Thank you in advance for your insights and suggestions! Let's keep exploring and unraveling the mysteries of our tech world together, nya~! ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธโœจ

Gaming Rig:

ย 

4 minutes ago, Agall said:

Direct from AMD is best in my experience. I've personally built 4 different AM5 systems so far, and each had their own issues without the chipset driver. Unfortunately the driver isn't supported in Windows Server, but changing the power plan fixed issues with P state control for that build.

ย 

Another thing to mention is ensuring you're in the 'balanced' (recommended) power plan. High Performance and such changes the way the scheduler works and doesn't play nice with 7000x3D.

ย 

I personally use the 'cache' CPPC setting instead of Auto, which disables the 3D v-cache optimizer driver. It is installed however, just not operational, and I've found it to be more reliable than the driver.

Thank you so much for your valuable input and sharing your experiences, fellow tech enthusiast! ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ’•

It's great to hear that you've had positive experiences with obtaining the chipset driver directly from AMD since that is where I got mine from. Your firsthand experience with building multiple AM5 systems and the issues that arose without the chipset driver reinforces the importance of having it installed.

I appreciate the heads-up about the power plan as well. It's good to know that using the 'balanced' power plan is recommended for optimal performance, especially with the Ryzen 7000x3D, I think I saw GamersNexus mention that as well.

Regarding the 'cache' CPPC setting and the 3D v-cache optimizer driver, your preference for the 'cache' setting and finding it to be more reliable is valuable information. It's always interesting to hear about different customization options and their impact on system performance.

Your insights have been incredibly helpful, and I'm grateful for your expertise in navigating these tech challenges. Thank you once again for sharing your knowledge and contributing to helping me with these issues, nya~! Let's keep learning and exploring together! ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธโœจ

Gaming Rig:

ย 

• 3 months later...

Hello, I spent the last two to three months troubleshooting this issue and just discovered the cause of the issue. It turns out it was due to using the EXPO memory profile on my EXPO memory (Go figure). I discovered this is not an uncommon problem. If you are running EXPO memory try setting it to the default speed and then test. If it is resolved then its the EXPO memory profile causing the problem. You can still run the memory at its rated EXPO speed, but you need to kind of set it up manually in the BIOS (tell BIOS to run at 6000, manually enter latency and timings).

ย 

ย