Is my power supply enough for a GPU upgrade? Please Help.

Please help.

I have a 600w 80+ thermaltake smart series psu and I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card without upgrading my PSU. I currently have a RTX 2070 and a ryzen 7 5800x CPU, and I'm looking to upgrade my gpu to either a Nvidia 3060 TI or a AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT. I've done some research and have seen that for the 6750XT, I will need a minimum 650w psu and with the 3060TI, a minimum 600w. Is 600 actually enough for the 6750XT or would I have to upgrade my PSU as well?

6 hours ago, mayzejack said:

Is 600 actually enough for the 6750XT or would I have to upgrade my PSU as well?

Id upgrade the PSU either way for pure reliability purpose. Speak of the devil really, but yeah high quality 550-600 can get away with running a 6700XT.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Having a overpowered PSU isn't gonna suddenly be eating its max cap of power. Instead how a PSU works with PC equipment having excess wattage is just wattage the parts won't use. PC parts for the most part are made to just supply what they need to work. BUT this does come with a catch a lot of people assume they  can just meet or barely go past the suggest wattage and the issue with just meeting the suggested wattage means. You might not be keeping in mind most CPU's and GPU's actually boost upwards. So its not worth the minimium wattage its perfectly okay to have the minimium and some more. 

Also having just enough or too little can give symptoms similar to over heating if which is just a can of worms in itself. 

I love PC building and gaming. 
REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.