ill cut to the chase

suddenly wifi not connecting on my pc

its only on my pc for some reason

had pci driver issues, fixed them

updated windows 11 all pending software updates

checked out all reddit forums

tried to update my mobo wifi drivers

tried changing from 5ghz to 2.4

entering the right password ofc, either stuck on authenticating or connecting or just says cannot connect to this network

only works when i use my mobile data as ethernet 

even mobile hotspot wont connect

i have tried troubleshooting by doing "find and fix network issues", no good either

when i go to settings>troubleshoot>other options>network and internet, it says the required app not installed on the device (i think its cuz i used a bloatware removing software? idk how to undo that, did it a long time ago and it doesnt say what app to install to run network troubleshooter)

why all so suddenly mane

edit: going into control panel>network and internet> Network connections>wifi>properties>configure>advanced

under the advanced tab there is a property tab which says "802.11a/b/g/ wireless mode" highlighted blue (and many more below this)

and to its right is the value select down menu with various options

1. 5GHz 802.11a (doesnt work)

2. 2.4GHz 802.11b (connects but is hella slow and not practical)

3. 2.3GHz 802.11g (works decent and is 1/4 of the speed i guess)

4. 2.4GHz 802.11g/b (same results as above)

5. Dual band 802.11 a/g (stuck on attempting to authenticate)

6. Dual band 802.11a/b/g (this was the default setting and doesnt work either)

sorry i dont know much about wifi connectivity issues, i cant seem to make any sense out of this

i feel like the only solution is reinstalling windows if its a driver issue? which i believe is not cuz i tried updating and rolling back wifi drivers in device manager and even swapping the selected drivers which were already on my system.

any suggestions?

wifi adapter: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX201 160MHz

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers then, turning off the computer then back on so windows can try and reinstall driver?

50 minutes ago, FalseControl said:

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers then, turning off the computer then back on so windows can try and reinstall driver?

yes, hasnt worked. it sure installs the driver but the dual band 802.11a/b/g value doesnt work. and neither does the 5GHz 802.11a

the only time my wifi is connected is when i select either of these 2.4Ghz 802.11 (b or g or b/g) 

my internet speeds are severely low

used to be 800-900Mbps in WiFi status bar and have falled down to 144Mbps

cant even load a 720p 60 youtube video without buffering to death, forget about gaming on this wifi