ARGB Issue

I recently built in a Fractal Torrent Nano. I've plugged the front ARGB fan into the 5v 3pin ARGB header on my Aorus B550i AX motherboard and it works fine. I then daisy chain the rear fan to it and it also works fine. But if I add the led strip that's on the PSU shroud, the front fan RGB flickers every so often. If I remove the rear fan and just use the front fan and the RGB strip then it's fine. And if I use just the fans, it's fine. It's only if I connect all 3 that I have issues.

The header on the motherboard is capable of supplying 3A, and according to Fractal, the fans should only take 0.6A and 0.3A for their RGB. So unless the PSU strip takes over 2A, it shouldn't be the number of devices that are the issue. I've opened a support ticket with Fractal, but I was wondering if anyone here had any suggeetions

can try a power argb hub then have no problems with power. but proby right it soul be enough.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

can try a power argb hub then have no problems with power. but proby right it soul be enough.

Now that I've installed the CPU cooler and the RAM, it's practically impossible to get a different cable onto the ARGB header, so I'd probably have to go for something that connects to a USB 2.0 header. There could potentially be a BIOS update that may change something

5 minutes ago, AMDKilla said:

Now that I've installed the CPU cooler and the RAM, it's practically impossible to get a different cable onto the ARGB header, so I'd probably have to go for something that connects to a USB 2.0 header. There could potentially be a BIOS update that may change something

the hub hooks to the mb and the fans to the hub. should not be a problem to install.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

I may be wrong, but I remember a recent JayZ2Cents video where he addressed a possible issue. The aRGB header is rated for 5V and a certain amperage. But the addressable leds in the daisy chain must not exceed 120 (or so) to respect the timings. So, the limitation lies with the WS2812 type leds more than the power output capacity of the header.

2 hours ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

I may be wrong, but I remember a recent JayZ2Cents video where he addressed a possible issue. The aRGB header is rated for 5V and a certain amperage. But the addressable leds in the daisy chain must not exceed 120 (or so) to respect the timings. So, the limitation lies with the WS2812 type leds more than the power output capacity of the header.

There's a total of about 20 LEDs, 6 on each of the fans and around 6-8 on the PSU strip. I've unplugged the PSU strip for now

could be the animation wont do a serten amount of leds 

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

could be the animation wont do a serten amount of leds 

It flickers even with static colours, and there's only around 20 leds

Fractal have offered to send me a new fan. But I'm unsure if I want to bother as it means removing the original, which means removing it from the header on the motherboard. Easy to remove, but a huge pain to plug back in now the cpu cooler is installed. I might just put up with not using the PSU strip since I have to send them evidence that I've destroyed the fan before they'll send me the new one, meaning I'll be 3-4 days without an intake fan