LTX Group Ride?

I'm coming to LTX with several PEVs. Anyone want to do a group ride around Vancouver? We can do a short ride around downtown for people with low range PEVs, and anyone with longer range we can go further after that. I'm up for a bunch of rides, so if anyone wants to do some exploring we can work out plans. Better to ride in a group plus we can geek out about our gear.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been weighing whether or not to bring my Pint with me on my flight. I might have to check it in order to bring it along. Was thinking it might be better to just use a taxi, bus, train, or walk

May the Bits ever flip in your favour

We are planning on using a mix of car rental and public transportation. We want to go north and do some hiking where public transit does not go. but cannot afford a rental for the whole trip. It looks like the day passes on the translink are resonable: Pricing and Fare Zones | TransLink.

Hey, I'd love to join I odn't have a PEV but if you have extra I'd be grateful. :)

On 7/23/2023 at 5:23 AM, Bike Wanderer said:

We are planning on using a mix of car rental and public transportation. We want to go north and do some hiking where public transit does not go. but cannot afford a rental for the whole trip. It looks like the day passes on the translink are resonable: Pricing and Fare Zones | TransLink.

I'm planning on riding out a long the trans Canada trail from Vancouver as far as I can and using TransLink to get back, so that is a doable idea you have. If you do get a rental bike for the day, it would be a fun adventure. 

On 7/24/2023 at 10:37 AM, ehopeross said:

Hey, I'd love to join I odn't have a PEV but if you have extra I'd be grateful. 🙂

There appears to be a couple rental shops in the Vancouver downtown area.

I have a pickup truck for anyone that wants to drive around the town

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

On 7/7/2023 at 11:17 AM, EscapementDog said:

I'm coming to LTX with several PEVs. Anyone want to do a group ride around Vancouver? We can do a short ride around downtown for people with low range PEVs, and anyone with longer range we can go further after that. I'm up for a bunch of rides, so if anyone wants to do some exploring we can work out plans. Better to ride in a group plus we can geek out about our gear.

What is PEV?

17 minutes ago, Gecko said:

What is PEV?

I guessed it Plug-in Electric Vehicle

On 7/7/2023 at 8:17 AM, EscapementDog said:

I'm coming to LTX with several PEVs. 

For anyone who is following along I did a bunch of riding on Thursday and Friday, but in White Rock today I started feeling the effects as I tried to climb back up from the pier. I managed to make myself nauseous and now I'm in my hotel, flat on the bed feeling like my stamina bar is at zero. Hopefully I'll regain enough stamina so I can walk around the Expo tomorrow but I think I will take a cab and not try to ride there.

• 3 months later...

Pretty late update. I did a whack-ton of walking at LTX'23. First day had me tracked around 8 miles of walking. Turns out the Pint wasn't necessary at all. Had a good time the first night going to watch fireworks after day one 🎆🎇🎆. Day two had me doing fewer events and waiting in line more. Filled out my Passport booklet. It really helps in recounting my experiences to others. I have some items and souvenirs and there's a story to tell behind each one.

May the Bits ever flip in your favour