Non-boot drive causing startup hang

Rssman83

My computer crashed when exiting Diablo 4 the other night and for some reason, even though it's neither my boot drive(C:) or D4's installation drive(F:), when I try to boot into windows with this drive(Partitioned :D&:E) plugged into a sata port it will hang on the windows loading circle. I can't figure out which settings to change in order to get the drive functional enough to boot to windows with it.
I've reinstalled windows with the drive unplugged, to the same result
I've installed windows on another boot drive, no change
I've tried what options I could find in Bios but I probably missed something

Other sys info:
i7-8700K
Gigabyte z370 gaming 5
3070ti
boot drive: 500gb nvme
problem drive: 2tb hdd
other storage: 2tb nvme

Any help would be great I'm at my wits end

I’m confused, you have done a clean install and your PC still doesn’t boot? Is this with the problematic drive still plugged in? If so it sounds like drive has issues and probably is a goner.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 hours ago, Levent said:

I’m confused, you have done a clean install and your PC still doesn’t boot? Is this with the problematic drive still plugged in? If so it sounds like drive has issues and probably is a goner.

Yeah to clarify, system boots fine without the drive plugged in, however when the problem drive is plugged in, it is detected in Bios but the system wont boot afterwards

Just now, Rssman83 said:

Yeah to clarify, system boots fine without the drive plugged in, however when the problem drive is plugged in, it is detected in Bios but the system wont boot afterwards

Yeah then I’m gonna go ahead and declare that drive is not initializing and is now dead. Your only option is to remove it. If data it had was important and not backed up, you should look into professional data recovery.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18