ASUS Dual 3060TI OC(White) Edition 8GB Power Pins question.

Zenny2323

Hello gents, I have nowhere else to go with this, so i need your help:

Recently ordered a (insert title here) gpu from amazon, and I noticed it has 2x8 power pin recievers. My psu has a 6+2 and a 6, so I'm missing 2 more pins from my psu to the gpu. Other than that, my wattage is within range, about 80 watts with max load (I have an 500w PSU). Now here's the question: will the gpu be fine if i put in just the 8 and 6 pins i got in my psu? And another thing I noticed is that people reccomend getting an power pin adapter, which I did, an 6 pin from the psu, that goes 8 pins into the GPU. Which is better/worse and what can I do. Another thing is, since my pc is a pre built(I know, grave sin, but I had a reason for it), there's a bunch of stupid add ons that aren't really practical, for example, my psu is boxed in metal, and i cant see if it has more output pins unless i somehow undo the box. Anyways, please let me know your thoughts, from experience, I'd rather not risk that one time I blew my MOBA and CPU because I made it overheat, I don't want my new pc to turn my room into a DOOM level. If you need more info about the build and other details, I'll let you know, please and thank you.

Strange that a 3060ti has two connectors because my Asus dual 3060TI OC lhr black has only one 8-pins connector..

Anyway, the only difference between a 6 pins and a 8 pins connector is 2 ground pins. So, you should be able to plug an 8 pins and a 6 pins connector directly into the GPU. But if you want to use an adaptor, it should be fine as long as all connectors are firmly pushed into place.

Have a nice day !