My monitor has horizontal lines running down

Hi guys!

I've been having problems with my monitor lately. Everytime I turn the monitor on or I start up my PC after a long while, my monitor has these weird horizontal lines running down the screen.

My monitor is a ROG PG348Q.

This next bit is really where it stumps me. The flickering only occurs on max refresh rate (100 hz) and I usually have to step it down to 94.99 or 89.96 so that the problem disappears. There are also times when my PC has been on for days (2-4 days straight), the flickering disappears when I try to set it back to 100hz.

Any ideas on what's wrong? I haven't tried any solutions yet.

First, try to unplug then replug the HDMI/DP cable from both ends, make sure there isnt anything in the ports.

Second, try a different cable, or port.

Third, try another GPU, try to plug it on the iGPU if you have it.

If all the steps above have been done, and you still the line, it's the monitor's hardware issue.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

4 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

First, try to unplug then replug the HDMI/DP cable from both ends, make sure there isnt anything in the ports.

Second, try a different cable, or port.

Third, try another GPU, try to plug it on the iGPU if you have it.

If all the steps above have been done, and you still the line, it's the monitor's hardware issue.

This problem already existed with my previous PC. I may have to try a new DP cable with this since the first and third option is already ruled out. Will update any progress on this. Time to get a new cable. Thanks for the suggestion!

Speaking from experience, bad cable or loose port is the most likely cause for cases like this.

So, if you have multiple ports of DP/HDMI, try them all.

Also, try to see if a specific position of the cable could help with this, this is caused by a loose port.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home