Is there a way to forward print jobs to the main network?

MrDBD

I am currently connected to a wifi extender through ethernet and my printer is connected to the main network through wifi. I wanted to know if there was a way to forward print jobs through the wifi extender to the main network. Connecting to the main wifi results in slow print times and it is unstable.

Thanks!

Is this WiFi extender actually a router, spitting out its own address space? If it's just acting as another access point to the same subnet as the "main WiFi", there shouldn't be anything stopping print jobs from making their way to where they belong.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 7/4/2023 at 9:44 AM, Needfuldoer said:

Is this WiFi extender actually a router

I'm not too sure, it creates its own separate wifi network and needs to be connected to the main wifi to work. Here's an image. DBD WIFI is the name of the extender and the community fibre below it is the main wifi network. All I know that the extender is an eero.

image.png.fe24cb1f5311a8229a16d7e40b429bdc.png

On 7/4/2023 at 9:44 AM, Needfuldoer said:

there shouldn't be anything stopping print jobs from making their way to where they belong.

It says that printer is offline when connected to DBD WIFI, only prints when connected to the community fibre wifi (main wifi).

Not quite sure what you mean by subnetting or address space, let me just double check the meanings.

Thanks!

I have done more research and determined that since the printer only has a local ip address (192.168.1.xxx), I would have to connect through another device already in the network. I'm considering using a raspberry pi or ardiuno board (i have one at home). Would sending the print jobs through a raspberry pi or arduino board or similar device already in the network work?

Thanks

11 hours ago, MrDBD said:

I have done more research and determined that since the printer only has a local ip address (192.168.1.xxx), I would have to connect through another device already in the network.

What? No.

What addresses are you getting from your WiFi extender? (And if it's also 192.168.1.0/24, is it the same subnet as your main network?) If your extender is doing routing and NAT, and handing out its own address space, you'll have problems accessing anything on the other side of it.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.