Bluetooth keyboard shows connected but doesn't type

Basically, my keyboard stops working after waking from sleep or when I switch it to USB mode. I use my royal kludge rk71 in Bluetooth mode and on a fresh restart, it works without any issues. If I put my computer to sleep, on the next wake my keyboard stops working. Interestingly, if at this point I connect this keyboard via a USB cable, it still won't work. Also if I connect the keyboard to the USB cable, the keyboard becomes unresponsive and doesn't work anymore even after switching to Bluetooth mode. It also becomes unresponsive if the keyboard is kept idle for many hours. The only thing that I've found to fix it is a restart.

I've tried several things, listing them from memory here:

1. Reinstalled drivers

2. Tried updating drivers but all shows driver is updated.

3. Disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in device manager for all USB controllers and HID devices, as well as Intel Wireless Bluetooth.

4. I'm on the latest drivers from Intel, AMD, and Windows Update

5. Disabled USB Selective Suspend in Power Options for USB and PCIe.

6. Ran troubleshooters for Bluetooth, power and keyboard but nothing found.

7. Stopped, Started, Restarted Bluetooth Support Service in services.msc

8. Set Bluetooth Support Service to trigger Automatically and configured the Logon setting to use Local Service.

9. Tried turning off and on both the keyboard and the Bluetooth.

10. Paired the device once again.

The Bluetooth settings shows that the device is connected but none of the keys I press seems to work on the laptop.

The laptop specs: Asus Vivobook S15 Intel Core i5 8265U 16GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA MX150 GPU.

I'm also including some additional setups in case if any of them comes to of use. I have an LG 24 inch monitor connected to the laptop via an HDMI. A USB C hub connected to the laptop with the keyboard usb cable and a LAN cable. I also have a logitech k380 bluetooth keyboard that I use on my Dell lattitude 5320 which never seemed to create any problem so far.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, rye013 said:

Basically, my keyboard stops working after waking from sleep or when I switch it to USB mode. I use my royal kludge rk71 in Bluetooth mode and on a fresh restart, it works without any issues. If I put my computer to sleep, on the next wake my keyboard stops working. Interestingly, if at this point I connect this keyboard via a USB cable, it still won't work. Also if I connect the keyboard to the USB cable, the keyboard becomes unresponsive and doesn't work anymore even after switching to Bluetooth mode. It also becomes unresponsive if the keyboard is kept idle for many hours. The only thing that I've found to fix it is a restart.

I've tried several things, listing them from memory here:

1. Reinstalled drivers

2. Tried updating drivers but all shows driver is updated.

3. Disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in device manager for all USB controllers and HID devices, as well as Intel Wireless Bluetooth.

4. I'm on the latest drivers from Intel, AMD, and Windows Update

5. Disabled USB Selective Suspend in Power Options for USB and PCIe.

6. Ran troubleshooters for Bluetooth, power and keyboard but nothing found.

7. Stopped, Started, Restarted Bluetooth Support Service in services.msc

8. Set Bluetooth Support Service to trigger Automatically and configured the Logon setting to use Local Service.

9. Tried turning off and on both the keyboard and the Bluetooth.

10. Paired the device once again.

The Bluetooth settings shows that the device is connected but none of the keys I press seems to work on the laptop.

The laptop specs: Asus Vivobook S15 Intel Core i5 8265U 16GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA MX150 GPU.

I'm also including some additional setups in case if any of them comes to of use. I have an LG 24 inch monitor connected to the laptop via an HDMI. A USB C hub connected to the laptop with the keyboard usb cable and a LAN cable. I also have a logitech k380 bluetooth keyboard that I use on my Dell lattitude 5320 which never seemed to create any problem so far.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a Keyboard issue. Check to see if there are any firmware updates for your Keyboard. You can also try resetting the keyboard by pressing Fn and spacebar for a few secs until the lights flash. If that doesn't work just flash the firmware from the manufacture's website.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn