M.2 SSD Vendor Support List

Hey guys! I wanted to upgrade my system by slapping an SSD in it and decided to check Asrock's support list. My motherboard is an ASRock B660M-HDV, and here is the list of supported SSDs.
I noticed an inconsistency between the two lists Asrock has. Basically "Hyper M.2 SSD (CPU)" slot seems to support some SSDs while "Ultra M.2_SSD Module" slot seems to support some others. But why is that? And should I even care? I'm looking for a boot SSD around 500GB or 1TB tops, and I'm cheap. Should I interpret the vendor's support list as a list of drives "tested and guaranteed to work, but others may work as well - just don't come cry to us if they don't" or as a definitive "These and ONLY these drives will work on this motherboard"?

Never heard of incompatibility with certain MoBo's and SSD-s to be honest

But there probably might be, just very rare cases.

I edit my posts more often than not

It is often the case that CPU connected M.2 connectors are PCIe drives only (NVMe), but chipset can also support SATA ones. For a modern board chances are any NVMe should work.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 minutes ago, porina said:

It is often the case that CPU connected M.2 connectors are PCIe drives only (NVMe), but chipset can also support SATA ones. For a modern board chances are any NVMe should work.

Yeah, this might be the case since SSDs in the CPU list are either PCIe3 or 4, no SATA3.
This makes me guess that I'm good as long as I buy a PCIe3 or 4 SSD.

36 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Never heard of incompatibility with certain MoBo's and SSD-s to be honest

But there probably might be, just very rare cases.

Me neither. I just wanted to see if my board is PCIe3 or PCIe4, that's why I checked.