Power switch stopped working with weird results.

Go to solution Solved by manikyath,
4 minutes ago, Doggo lover said:

Both the power switches are from older cases, so that isn't really a surprise, I am wondering about the possability of cramming a new power switch in the new case because I really like it and it would be a shame to get rid of it just because of that.

chances are you can find the exact switch they used from a parts supplier. if you're okay with doing some soldering there arent many secrets in a front panel.

I have a corsair Graphite Series™ 600T special edition white and both the power and reset switch have died, speratly. For a while it was just the reset switch working so I used that instead of the power button, but now they are both dead. For a while I was content pulling off the sidepannel each day to turn it on with a screwdriver shorting the pins, then I realised I have an old case nocking about and pulled the front IO board out and wired the power switch into the pins on my Asus motherboard. Still no dice. Is there any chance that this issue is being caused by the motherboard instead of the power switches I have been testing this with or am I just really unlucky with the ones I have been testing it with. It seems weird that I can use a screwdriver to short the pins, but no power switches are working at all?

Any help greatly appriciated.

if you can screwdriver it, there's nothing wrong with the motherboard.

that said - this doesnt guarantee that the dupont-style connectors are making good contact (which.. if they're old it's sort of a guarantee they arent, the connector style is pretty syte tbh.)

Just now, manikyath said:

if you can screwdriver it, there's nothing wrong with the motherboard.

that said - this doesnt guarantee that the dupont-style connectors are making good contact (which.. if they're old it's sort of a guarantee they arent, the connector style is pretty syte tbh.)

Both the power switches are from older cases, so that isn't really a surprise, I am wondering about the possability of cramming a new power switch in the new case because I really like it and it would be a shame to get rid of it just because of that.

4 minutes ago, Doggo lover said:

chances are you can find the exact switch they used from a parts supplier. if you're okay with doing some soldering there arent many secrets in a front panel.

6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

interesting thanks for the response!