Why cant i get display?

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
4 minutes ago, Darkharry said:

i did i tried using only crucial and i still got no signal

Have you tried just a single stick in the second slot from the socket? It's probably labeled with slot 1 or slot A1. 

I got 2x8 from my friend and i tried putting it in my 9020 optiplex (shit motherboard) multiple times but i get no display whatsoever so i was wondering if its because of motherboard

Edit: put ram sticks in memory slots but not getting display

2x8?

Like you're putting a 2x8 piece of wood inside your desktop computer?

You're installing 2x8GB of RAM on your motherboard?

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

5 minutes ago, Darkharry said:

I got 2x8 from my friend and i tried putting it in my 9020 optiplex (shit motherboard) multiple times but i get no display whatsoever so i was wondering if its because of motherboard

3 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

2x8?

More Clarification is necessary here.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

3 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

2x8?

Im trying to install 2 8gb ram sticks

1 minute ago, FI Fheonix said:

I am just trying to put 2 8gb of ram sticks in memory slots

14 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

2x8?

10 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:

I don't think this was necessary, OP was pretty clear.

8 minutes ago, Darkharry said:

I am just trying to put 2 8gb of ram sticks in memory slots

If you try with a single stick of RAM does it work? Have you checked your motherboard and CPU to ensure that they're compatible with the RAM? Does the RAM *snap* in properly?

What RAM is it exactly? They could have given you some old server RAM that won't run in a consumer PC.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

What RAM is it exactly? They could have given you some old server RAM that won't run in a consumer PC.

It is called "crucial"

52 minutes ago, Darkharry said:

It is called "crucial"

Yeah that's just the brand and not helpful, would need the product number that should be on a sticker somewhere.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Yeah that's just the brand and not helpful, would need the product number that should be on

9 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Yeah that's just the brand and not helpful, would need the product number that should be on a sticker somewhere.

FH11451.4N, hopefully thats the serial number

Just post a picture of the labels, that'll be easier.

F@H

GPD Win 2

10 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Just post a picture of the labels, that'll be easier.

Sorry for bothering you so much

16881650948771747408461900487656.jpg

48 minutes ago, Darkharry said:

Sorry for bothering you so much

16881650948771747408461900487656.jpg

Those are udimms which should work with consumer motherboards.

Are you installing only these sticks into the motherboard or are you adding it to existing ram?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you installing only these sticks into the motherboard or are you adding it to existing ram?

Adding to existing, i got 2 4gb sticks which are in first and second mem slot

14 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

I tried putting crucial in black slots and there was still no signal, i tried putting it in white but i got no signal and i think i put only crucial on white and still didnt get signal

On 6/30/2023 at 6:09 PM, Darkharry said:

Adding to existing, i got 2 4gb sticks which are in first and second mem slot

Try swapping out the original sticks with the new ones. 

It could be that the kits don't work together.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

21 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Try swapping out the original sticks with the new ones. 

It could be that the kits don't work together.

4 minutes ago, Darkharry said:

Have you tried just a single stick in the second slot from the socket? It's probably labeled with slot 1 or slot A1. 

12 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

i think i did and it didnt work i also researched a bit myself and i saw that there is also CT102464BD which should work with my PC

3 minutes ago, Darkharry said:

i think i did and it didnt work

Have you updated the bios? If not, do so with the original ram before trying the new kit. 

33 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you updated the bios? If not, do so with the original ram before trying the new kit. 

I didnt, it might be updated to max since everything i tried updating which includes hard drives, integrated GPU and some other things is already at its max

16 minutes ago, Darkharry said:

I didnt, it might be updated to max since everything i tried updating which includes hard drives, integrated GPU and some other things is already at its max

It should been clear if the bios was being updated. It should display a warning to not shut the system down during the update. You can try Dell's Update Windows Universal application to see if it shows any available updates. https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=PWD0M

14 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

It should been clear if the bios was being updated. It should display a warning to not shut the system down during the update. You can try Dell's Update Windows Universal application to see if it shows any available updates. https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=PWD0M

Alright i will make sure to do that when i get back on my PC soon and get back to you asap

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

thats what i got, its same for windows 10 64 bit and every other windowsimage.thumb.png.758fd9c98551af6080e3c99d87df033a.png

Try the new sticks in Slot 2 and 4 on the motherboard.