CPU is constantly pinging 100°C

MrSimplicity
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,

10900k implies this is not a new build.  I take it it WAS at some time working fine?  I’m wondering if your pump died or flow got clogged somehow? Is one of your AIO tubes hotter than the other?  This is why I don’t use AIOs.  I suspect you will have to activate your warranty on your cooler. 

2 minutes ago, AAVVIronAlex said:

Could be that the pump is clogged, but I do not see how that will happen on an AIO. 

If you buy a new cooler buy an air cooler or make a custom water cooling loop.

I do.  It looks like a classic bad mount, but the mount hasn’t changed and you’ve got an AIO.  All it would take is for the water to stop circulating but still be there.  It’s also possible I guess for the water to still be circulating but the radiator isn’t getting any air at all.  That’s less likely though assuming you didn’t drop your sweater on top of your case or you smoke or something.  Smoking makes dust gummy.  The worst examples of clogged fans seem to be from smokers.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

You can get 6 coolers for that money.  Can you even fit a 360?  

again, I have an O11 Dynamic. I could fit 3 of these in my case if I wanted to. I also posted a picture of my build.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

32 minutes ago, MrSimplicity said:

again, I have an O11 Dynamic. I could fit 3 of these in my case if I wanted to. I also posted a picture of my build.

Then no worries.  A 360 AIO actually often has a larger envelope than big air. Only 900ks can actually make use of that but you’ve got one.

big air is more in the 240 range.  A rare case where an AIO is actually useful.  For that kind of money you can probably do an open loop if you wanted.  I like those better personally because I find AIOs to be die rolls.  Sometimes you can get the air bubbles out of the pump sometimes you can’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

You’ll have to take the old one out anyway.  The stock cooler on intel CPUs generally sucks but it’s probably better than what you have now.  Another option is just undervolt it till you get to an acceptable heat envelope. Probably a lot slower but that may not make much of a difference in at least some situations. 

The 10900k doesnt come with a cooler

2 hours ago, MrSimplicity said:

Yeah, I'm looking at ordering one right now and after tonight I won't be on my PC much if at all until Monday night. I also just found one really stupid and expensive but I kind of want it ASUS ROG RYUO III 360

Why so? Its actually a mid aio at best.

Funnily enough the best performer is also one of the cheapest and its the liquid freezer II series. Just use the lian li fans gor rgb again

The asus is just a generic aio with rgb o  it.

11 hours ago, jaslion said:

Why so? Its actually a mid aio at best.

Funnily enough the best performer is also one of the cheapest and its the liquid freezer II series. Just use the lian li fans gor rgb again

The asus is just a generic aio with rgb o  it.

Yeah, I already ordered it. I was planning on using the Lian Li fans anyways.

CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

25 minutes ago, MrSimplicity said:

Yeah, I already ordered it. I was planning on using the Lian Li fans anyways.

The way I think of it 120s are for prebuilts, 240s are for SFF, and 360s are for i9s and the very largest ryzen 3s and 4s. Pretty much everything else wants air.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If your galahad AIO start with the serial number 202203XXXXXX or lower, then your unit is defective and can get an RMA.

Specs:

• 5950X -30 all core curve, +200 Mhz offset
  • H150i 360mm AIO
  • Asus X570 Dark Hero
  • 4x8GB DDR4 3600 CL14
  • Asus Strix OC 3080 Ti
  • EVGA 1600G+
  • 13xAL120 V2 Uni fans

9 hours ago, Damocles Ti said:

If your galahad AIO start with the serial number 202203XXXXXX or lower, then your unit is defective and can get an RMA.

Yeah, not worried about it. I just bought a new one.

Well I fixed it... The design of the Lian Li mounting hardware is what caused it. So it wasn't seated properly. I put the new cooler in anyways cuz it looks better.

ThermalThrottle.png.fec76dc3cdaca73ca4963ea138d1ad5e.png