Who let them do this? - Billet Labs Monoblock

AdamFromLTT

Watercooling is pretty cool. But hard to make fit in Small Form Factor cases. Even with compact options from the likes of Alphacool or EK, trying to make the pump, reservoir, and radiators fit in a way that can also cool your Nvidia RTX 4090 and Intel Core i9-13900K is a tall order. Billet Labs hopes to change that with their Monoblock. Perhaps the most overkill SFF water cooling solution we've ever seen.

Just to correct one little thing:

Silver is actually even better conducting heat than copper. Pure copper alloy with silver could be somewhere in the middle when it comes to performance.

The problem is, copper alloy with silver really isn't much used. Silver alloy with copper is widely used and known as sterling silver but mostly when you meet "copper alloy with silver" it is nickel silver and has as much to do with silver as fool's gold with gold. Nickel silver aka. German silver is copper alloy with nickel and zinc, not silver. Another is cupronickel which can be sometimes sold as pound sterling because it was used to replace silver coins but also includes no silver but is copper alloy with nickel.

Nickel and zinc are bad when it comes to conducting heat so nickel silver cooler isn't really a good idea. Sterling silver cooler could actually be quite good but way more expensive, softer as in easier to break and only marginally better than pure copper cooler. Pure silver cooler would be even more expensive and still just marginally better (it would also have problems with oxidizing and other things that aren't as huge problems with copper).

12 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

Just to correct one little thing:

Silver is actually even better conducting heat than copper. Pure copper alloy with silver could be somewhere in the middle when it comes to performance.

The problem is, copper alloy with silver really isn't much used. Silver alloy with copper is widely used and known as sterling silver but mostly when you meet "copper alloy with silver" it is nickel silver and has as much to do with silver as fool's gold with gold. Nickel silver aka. German silver is copper alloy with nickel and zinc, not silver. Another is cupronickel which can be sometimes sold as pound sterling because it was used to replace silver coins but also includes no silver but is copper alloy with nickel.

Nickel and zinc are bad when it comes to conducting heat so nickel silver cooler isn't really a good idea. Sterling silver cooler could actually be quite good but way more expensive, softer as in easier to break and only marginally better than pure copper cooler. Pure silver cooler would be even more expensive and still just marginally better (it would also have problems with oxidizing and other things that aren't as huge problems with copper).

oddly also pure copper. like legit pure copper wont let bacteria grow whatsoever. but expose to air pure copper(100%) will oxides

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Apparently everybody and his grandmah has learned how gullible the PC consumers have become and that it is probably going to equate the audiophile consumer  and tries to get a piece of the "ridiculously overpriced for stupid stuff" pie. 

It wouldnt surprise me if washing machine companies or whatnot will call dips and present a stupid pc component with a ridiculous pricetag and some rgb. 

And ltt helps this situation to saturate faster and penetrate this even more the souls of our naive gen z or whatever children and teenagers are called nowadays... 

I have to admit I didn't get Adam at first. After his Tech Upgrade, I've come to understand and appreciate his somewhat chaotic energy a lot more, and enjoy it very much. It's one of those things that's hard to fake.

I've heard that LTT apparently doesn't do conclusions any more to please the algorithm, but I feel this video would've been a lot better with a decent conclusion on the end. I understand LTT needs to make money through views, but it can't help but feel having integrity also extends to the creative parts of making videos and cutting off the conclusion is maybe a bridge too far.