Air 540 Reservoir Mounting Option

Hey LTT,

I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on where to mount a reservoir in the main chamber of the air 540.I have a classified edition 780 Ti so it is bigger than a regular GPU. Are there any really small reservoirs? I want the Pump to be directly under the reservoir. I was thinking a rectangular reservoir/pump combo. Are any of those good?

Thank!

Edit: I notice there are a ton of 5.25 reservoirs that are rectangular. Would it be possible to mount one of those not in a bay, but on the floor of an air 540?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Hey LTT,

I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on where to mount a reservoir in the main chamber of the air 540.I have a classified edition 780 Ti so it is bigger than a regular GPU. Are there any really small reservoirs? I want the Pump to be directly under the reservoir. I was thinking a rectangular reservoir/pump combo. Are any of those good?

Thank!

Well, since the pump is right after the res, then maybe, even though gravity may not be able to help.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

There's a few pretty small ones out there... The 150mm ones. 

Well, since the pump is right after the res, then maybe, even though gravity may not be able to help.

I think I'm just gonna throw this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11220/ex-res-233/XSPC_Tank_Reservoir_-_Laing_D5_MCP655_w_Blue_LED_Light_-_Acrylic.html#blank in the back on top of the power supply on some foam.

Like this http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1564118/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

That is S-E-X-X-Y - can you link to the whole build?

Only concern there, has he put a quick disconnect above the PSU?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1402099/build-log-water-cooled-corsair-carbide-series-air-540

I've actually changed my pump reservoir combo to this now. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/23122/ex-pmp-300/Alphacool_Lighttower_All-in-One_Reservoir_Pump_Combo_w_Phobya_DC12-220_Pump_-_Black.html

Nice build, mate!

My only gripe is the Corsair fans - but at least the colours fit in :D

Nice build, mate!

My only gripe is the Corsair fans - but at least the colours fit in :D

Oh thats not mine... just a example I'm going to use.

AbpjkJn.jpg

That's the massive 80mm wide Aqualis Reservoir. They do a smiller option at 50mm which should be enough to accommodate your bigger card. There's actually another 25mm to spare if you remove the dust filter and build a platform that would take the res further back. That was my options anyway. 

I actually had a small res/pump combo on the floor before this monstrosity but the vibration and sound was awful.