My Ryzen 5600x build is complete!

TrueCyan2

Budget (including currency): $2,800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: BL3, Cyberpunk 2077, Final Fantasy (any), Diablo IV

Other details

Case: Corsair iCUE 5000D RGB Airflow White w/ 4 additional AF120 Elite RGB fans (10 case fans total)

Mobo: ASRock X570 TAICHI RAZER Edition AM4

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600X

COOLER: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX XT - White

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 64GB (4x 16GB) DDR4 3600 - White

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING X TRIO WHITE 12G

PSU: Corsair RM850 - White

Storage: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB (x3) ran in RAID 0

SAMSUNG 870 EVO 1TB (x3) ran in RAID 0

Seagate IronWolf 8TB NAS HD 7200

Still need to finish benchmarking - found that no matter how I changed my OC settings on the CPU, stock bios with XMP enabled and RAM overclocked to 1.35v @ 3600Mhz gave me the best real world results so far (even though i got the CPU stable at 4.85Ghz on all cores at 90°C).  This also kept my CPU temps around 62°C max when under full load for 20+ minutes.  Fans are manually controlled by Fan Control... PC runs almost silent with positive static pressure.  Runs 2 1080P Viewsonic 144Htz monitors and my 4K HDR 65" Sony TV (at 60Htz).  Using mostly Ryzer peripherals.  Its... a beast!

12 minutes ago, TrueCyan2 said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: BL3, Cyberpunk 2077, Final Fantasy (any), Diablo IV

Other details

Case: Corsair iCUE 5000D RGB Airflow White w/ 4 additional AF120 Elite RGB fans (10 case fans total)

Still need to finish benchmarking - found that no matter how I changed my OC settings on the CPU, stock bios with XMP enabled and RAM overclocked to 1.35v @ 3600Mhz gave me the best real world results so far (even though i got the CPU stable at 4.85Ghz on all cores at 90°C).  This also kept my CPU temps around 62°C max when under full load for 20+ minutes.  Fans are manually controlled by Fan Control... PC runs almost silent with positive static pressure.  Runs 2 1080P Viewsonic 144Htz monitors and my 4K HDR 65" Sony TV (at 60Htz).  Using mostly Ryzer peripherals.  Its... a beast!

why are the fans in the front not on???

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

16 minutes ago, TrueCyan2 said:

Other details

woahhh, thats actually beatiful. What a build. 9/10

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

7 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

why are the fans in the front not on???

I'm assuming you mean the GPU fans?  There is no load on the GPU, so it went I to silent mode (0 RPM).

Just now, TrueCyan2 said:

I'm assuming you mean the GPU fans?  There is no load on the GPU, so it went I to silent mode (0 RPM).

no the ones in the front

7-8 sec into the vid u can see on the right

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

1 minute ago, Blqckqut said:

no the ones in the front

7-8 sec into the vid u can see on the right

Ahh.. I see that now... I was messing with Fan Controller to adjust the fan curves... must have turned them off on accident right before I took that video.  Oops!

1 minute ago, TrueCyan2 said:

Ahh.. I see that now... I was messing with Fan Controller to adjust the fan curves... must have turned them off on accident right before I took that video.  Oops!

ah ok, didnt want anything bad to hapen lol

great build, do you do any 3d modeling?

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:

1 minute ago, Blqckqut said:

ah ok, didnt want anything bad to hapen lol

great build, do you do any 3d modeling?

I do not... just gaming mostly.

I do not... just gaming mostly.

then why a 4070 ti? 6950xt costs less and gives more performance than a 3090 ti

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:

4 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

then why a 4070 ti? 6950xt costs less and gives more performance than a 3090 ti

To be honest: Nvidia fan boy 🤦🏻‍♂️

And I could not find a good looking white edition with the exception of the RX 7900 XTX, which is way more card than I need.

Edited by TrueCyan2

To be honest: Nvidia fan boy 🤦🏻‍♂️

smh smh

ngl i think brand fanboying is stupid

just fanboy the fps lol

i fanboy for whatever get me more fps for les money

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:

Well... to be bluntly honest - it's not close to good for that kind of money. $200 AIO, which gets beaten even by 240mm AIOs and air coolers, for a CPU which can be handled even by a standard AMD air cooler. A great mobo, again for super basic CPU. 64GB of RAM... i bet even God doesn't know who would need this combined with 5600X. Unless 15+ VMs running something like LoL.... idk.. And on top of all that - one of the if not THE WORST value GPU on the market, which has no chance to use to their full potential neither of the displays. It's far from the worst build i've ever seen, but it's certainly not good at all for that kind of money. I get it - RGB is fun, but when you pour more money and thought in your RGB than your actual build, it's a problem. Basically you've wasted a good mobo, a good CPU and 2 good memory kits.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

1 hour ago, Blqckqut said:

smh smh

ngl i think brand fanboying is stupid

just fanboy the fps lol

i fanboy for whatever get me more fps for les money

AMD users can use Clear Linux and get 10% to 25% higher performance in many games, as Clear Linux has higher gaming performance than any other system.

Nvidia users can't use the fastest Linux distro for gaming, you can't get 'extra performance' with these super expensive Nvidia cards.

OS: FreeBSD 13.3  WM: bspwm  Hardware: Intel 12600KF -- Kingston dual-channel CL36 @6200 -- Sapphire RX 7600 -- BIOSTAR B760MZ-E PRO -- Antec P6 -- Xilence XP550 -- ARCTIC i35 -- EVO 850 500GB

33 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Well... to be bluntly honest - it's not close to good for that kind of money. $200 AIO, which gets beaten even by 240mm AIOs and air coolers, for a CPU which can be handled even by a standard AMD air cooler. A great mobo, again for super basic CPU. 64GB of RAM... i bet even God doesn't know who would need this combined with 5600X. Unless 15+ VMs running something like LoL.... idk.. And on top of all that - one of the if not THE WORST value GPU on the market, which has no chance to use to their full potential neither of the displays. It's far from the worst build i've ever seen, but it's certainly not good at all for that kind of money. I get it - RGB is fun, but when you pour more money and thought in your RGB than your actual build, it's a problem. Basically you've wasted a good mobo, a good CPU and 2 good memory kits.

The only reason for the stupid amounts of RAM was Newegg had the 2x16gb kits on a crazy sale... I didn't mean to order 2 of them, but I also didn't want to deal with sending the one kit back... so I just installed it.  Oh well...