Switch Pro Controller, one of the sticks getting a little 'gritty'

atxcyclist

The right stick on my controller has started to have a little more resistance than normal and feels a bit like there's some grittiness to its movement. I was wondering if this is something anyone has tackled here, I see some iFixit guides for repairing and just blowing the controller out with air, but is there a lubricant for analog controller mechanisms or is air likely enough?

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/22/2023 at 10:22 PM, atxcyclist said:

The right stick on my controller has started to have a little more resistance than normal and feels a bit like there's some grittiness to its movement. I was wondering if this is something anyone has tackled here, I see some iFixit guides for repairing and just blowing the controller out with air, but is there a lubricant for analog controller mechanisms or is air likely enough?

Sorry you got no responses. If you still need help i gotcha. 

Take the thumbstick off and blow it out. Once all dust or debris is out then lubricate it with WD-40. 

Intel Core i7 11700F + EVGA FTW3 ULTRA GAMING RTX 3070 OC + 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM + ASROCK Z590 Steel Legend WIFI 6E + Razer Hanbo 360mm AIO + Corsair RM850X + Deepcool CH510 Case + Acer Nitro XV271 280hz Gaming Monitor