Horizon is vram power hungry?

Hunter-

It is normal for this game to eat 10.5GB VRAm video for 4k resolution on medium settings?I have rtx 2080 ti and all my vram memory was eaten so fast.I thaught 11 GB vram is safe for 2023....Jesus

HORIZON ZERODOWN 4K-1.jpg

HORIZON ZERODOWN 4K-2.jpg

HORIZON ZERODOWN 4K.jpg

Did you set Afterburner to show per process VRAM usage? 

Or this is Afterburner default setting which show total VRAM allocation?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I think a lot of software reports the wrong vram value. I use GPU Tweak and it was reporting my vram at 95% or more the entire time I was playing HZD. Coincidentally I finished playing it last week as one of the games on my back log. Good timing!

I had zero issues maintaining 90 fps on high+ settings (+ meaning I increased a few settings).

2080 Ti is supposed to boost near 2ghz, you have GTX 900 overclocked speeds......

It certainly looks odd.

5800X3D Stock. 32GB RAM. RX 7900 XT. Arch Linux.

my model of card is this.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/msi-rtx-2080-ti-gaming-trio.b6235

I set in Msi afetrburner -200 Mhz on Core clock and -500 Mhz on Memory because if i set on default mode,the card auto boost at 1920 Mhz core clock and 7000mhz on memory. and i 'm afraid of that because  1920mhz is very much from 1350 base clock 😞

I don t understand why auto boost at 1920mhz....and the card is become very very hot and stay at 80 degree in gaming

Afetr i set core at 1665 mhz and memory at 6500mhz the card stay at 70-73 degree in gaming

80 degree is very dangerous zone right?🙄

By default mode in MSi Afterburner is set 84 degree alarm zone

Untitled.jpg

look.If i let on default mode...the card have 90 degree on hot spot in this game.Is ok?The card have thermal paste changed with arctic mx-4

WHy is so HOT???😶🙄

hot.jpg

4 hours ago, Hunter- said:

WHy is so HOT??

because of this most likely 

4 hours ago, Hunter- said:

The card have thermal paste changed with arctic mx-4

who changed the thermal paste? 

Full system specs?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

So the real reason is faulty GPU.

OP hiding reality and stupid answer again by some.

5800X3D Stock. 32GB RAM. RX 7900 XT. Arch Linux.

• 2 weeks later...

Was this a "used" gpu? Or OP have you had this GPU originally from when it was new. 

When was the last time you cleaned this GPU? 

Do you have a pic of the GPU in the system?

I love PC building and gaming. 
REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.

You should show the memory for the process, that is a total system.  Most people don't like to hear this but 12GB is the new mid-high range with 16GB+ for higher-end games.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

On 7/6/2023 at 2:57 PM, ewitte said:

You should show the memory for the process, that is a total system.  Most people don't like to hear this but 12GB is the new mid-high range with 16GB+ for higher-end games.

An unfortunate truth that a lot of PC gamers downplay XD. I tend to play on high or the Ultra/custom extreme high settings and more often than not this eats tons of RAM alone. I run a rig with 64 GB's and task manager without the stream going will eat 25% to 30% XD. Hence why I am left kinda blankly staring when people say without asking for the targeted fps and res range with a budget gaming PC. They suggest 8GB's. I'm like thats at best HALF what modern AAA games need. 

I love PC building and gaming. 
REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.