i just traded my ps4 pro for a pc…

i think i got scammed… i traded it for this pc with some sort of radeon (he told me a 580 but i don’t know if it even is a 580) and the cpu is a i7 860 i think? i tried playing roblox to test it out and the the thing couldn’t even run it above 10 fps. (he told me it can run higher end games at a rough 60 at least) i tried fixing it but now it won’t even connect to the tv anymore. here’s some pics of the computer 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Can you list what the seller told you the specs are? CPU / GPU / MoBo / RAM.

he blocked me and removed the post but i think he lied to me for most of the stuff in this computer

2 minutes ago, helpmewoth said:

he blocked me and removed the post but i think he lied to me for most of the stuff in this computer

100% .. Well people suck. Not sure how much you know about computers and your post is pretty vague if you want help or just confirm you got scammed. I'd start with plugging the GPU into place and hooking a HDMI cord to the GPU. 

Yup, you got taken for a ride my friend.

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600 Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

4 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

100% .. Well people suck. Not sure how much you know about computers and your post is pretty vague if you want help or just confirm you got scammed. I'd start with plugging the GPU into place and hooking a HDMI cord to the GPU. 

DUDE I JUST TREID TURNING IT ON AND THE CUBE FOR THE POWER JUST SPARKED AND NOW IT DOESNT TURN ON ANYMORE

You were scammed.

That PC is a pile of junk compared to your PS4.

The CPU: Very outdated, lacks instructions required to run a big number of modern games.

GPU: Definitely not a RX 580, Seems like a HD 7770 or a HD 7790.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

2 minutes ago, helpmewoth said:

DUDE I JUST TREID TURNING IT ON AND THE CUBE FOR THE POWER JUST SPARKED AND NOW IT DOESNT TURN ON ANYMORE

Add shady power supply to the list and single-channel memory.

You should have come here before the trade and ask us for advice.

Anyway, The fact that you paid for a PC with a RX 580 and got a HD 7770\7790 and the guy disappeared means that that person frauded you.

Fraud is a crime, so if you have information that can help identify and locate that person just go to the nearest police station and report it there.

What you did was stupid, I hope you learned to not trust strangers.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

3 minutes ago, helpmewoth said:

Whatever you do, do not open the PowerSupply ( Power Cube ) to try and fix it, it can result in death even if unplugged as it can still hold a lot of power.
Sad to say my friend, you got scammed pretty hard.

4 minutes ago, Vishera said:

lucky for me i know where the douche lives. i’ll just go over there to get my stuff and give him back his shitty computer. if he refuses then i’ll just call the police 

1 minute ago, helpmewoth said:

lucky for me i know where the douche lives. i’ll just go over there to get my stuff and give him back his shitty computer. if he refuses then i’ll just call the police 

be careful, you dont know what these people are up to. Dont put yourself at risk over this.

7 minutes ago, Vishera said:

You should have come here before the trade and ask us for advice.

Anyway, The fact that you paid for a PC with a RX 580 and got a HD 7770\7790 and the guy disappeared means that that person frauded you.

Fraud is a crime, so if you have information that can help identify and locate that person just go to the nearest police station and report it there.

What you did was stupid, I hope you learned to not trust strangers.

yea definitely. i was impatient and wasn’t doing my research. i’m still going to get my playstation back from that dirtbag

Just now, helpmewoth said:

Maybe you should call the police before hand and come with them to the guy...

Going there alone is not a smart thing to do.

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Maybe you should call the police before hand and come with them to the guy...

Going there alone is not a smart thing to do.

ok i will

1 hour ago, helpmewoth said:

i think i got scammed… i traded it for this pc with some sort of radeon (he told me a 580 but i don’t know if it even is a 580) and the cpu is a i7 860 i think? i tried playing roblox to test it out and the the thing couldn’t even run it above 10 fps. (he told me it can run higher end games at a rough 60 at least) i tried fixing it but now it won’t even connect to the tv anymore. here’s some pics of the computer 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

There should be a sticker on the back of the GPU tells you which card it is.

image.png.8132fdd39bd4ef57e146172705a5d5f3.png

But from the picture its not a RX580 (AMD didn't have a reference card design, only OEM models)

image.thumb.png.73777148735b9427c9e27e8105202487.png

From the card's cooler, It's a 7770 or 7750

https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/35233-powercolor-radeon-hd-7770-amd-radeon-hd-7750/?page=2

image.thumb.png.9410f0eed895d68bdf610537555cf1b6.png

Quarter of the performance at best

https://www.gpucheck.com/compare/amd-radeon-hd-7750-vs-amd-radeon-rx-580/intel-core-i7-2700k-3-50ghz-vs-intel-core-i7-7700k-4-20ghz/medium
image.thumb.png.08959fed7e79917ed397e8725849665a.png

1 hour ago, helpmewoth said:

image.jpg

I managed to find a similar board from the picture you have, check just below the PCIe slot

P7H55-M Pro. And yes it is a LGA 1156 board supports 1st Gen Core CPU. It may have a i7-860 but that is a CPU released in 2009.

To find CPU model, you need to take off the cooler.

image.png.7899729a23e939d73ff0369a036243ee.png

2 hours ago, Hinjima said:

keep us updated.

i’ve called the police and they said i could charge them for fraud but since i didn’t take a picture of the post they don’t think it would hold up in court. they suggested to request a complaint but i do have to wait for tomorrow since i’m a minor and i can’t request a report at the time being (my mother doesn’t speak english and i have to wait for a spanish speaking police officer to translate for my mom) 

4 hours ago, helpmewoth said:

i’ve called the police and they said i could charge them for fraud but since i didn’t take a picture of the post they don’t think it would hold up in court. they suggested to request a complaint but i do have to wait for tomorrow since i’m a minor and i can’t request a report at the time being (my mother doesn’t speak english and i have to wait for a spanish speaking police officer to translate for my mom) 

Contact the support of the site, they will be able to grab the original post. Unless it's Facebook marketplace because contacting facebook is like smashing your head into a wall repeatedly. 

4 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

Contact the support of the site, they will be able to grab the original post. Unless it's Facebook marketplace because contacting facebook is like smashing your head into a wall repeatedly. 

Could also try the wayback machine.

52 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Sadly this wouldn't work if it wasn't snapshotted beforehand.

Check if maybe the page is still opened on one of your tabs and take a quick screenshot. Other than that, not sure what you can do. Just be safe, don't go there alone.

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠

9 hours ago, Vishera said:

the police said they can’t do anything and it counts as a civil matter… my dad doesn’t want to take me over there to teach me a lesson so i’m basically screwed. i’m not mad about the ps4 since it was collecting dust but im pissed that i lost money out of the transaction

33 minutes ago, helpmewoth said:

the police said they can’t do anything and it counts as a civil matter… my dad doesn’t want to take me over there to teach me a lesson so i’m basically screwed. i’m not mad about the ps4 since it was collecting dust but im pissed that i lost money out of the transaction

Moral of the story: Strangers can lie and shouldn't be trusted.

53 minutes ago, helpmewoth said:

I think this can be a great lesson for you. The value of the PS4 Pro is probably below the minimum required to proceed with criminal charges anyway. Without proof police can do little.

Story time:

Years ago when I was in middle school, my classmate "borrowed" my Gameboy Advanced SP (a Limited edition), few weeks later I saw him playing with a similar Gameboy Advanced but different inferior model. I didn't suspect anything, but my other classmate said to me he scammed me and sold my Gameboy and bought that one.

I of course asked him about it, but he said someone stole mine.

I, just like you had no proof. And we were not supposed to bring handhelds to school anyways, so I know I couldn't do anything about it. After all, telling my parents means I probably will get a whooping for smuggling the handheld to school...

Don't let this makes you not trust strangers.

I bought second hand stuff from eBay and other "sketchy places" before, and matter of fact I'm typing on a monitor bought secondhand from a secondhand trading platform in China. However I now always do transaction on trusted platform with buyer protection, such as eBay (have 30-day money back guarantee).

And if your area don't offer such service, then always keep a record of the deal. Have them write it down on paper and sign it if necessary.