AM5 GPU Fan Speeds prior to POST

I just want to see if anyone else has the same 'problem' I have. Prior to POST, my GPU fans run at 100%. A second or so before the POST 'beep', it calms right down. This never happened on my Z390 build with the same card so it's not the GPU's fault, so I'm wondering if it's a chipset thing. 

I'm running an ASUS X670 board, and a friend of mine who has an ASUS B650 board doesn't seem to have the same thing.

Just curious to see how many others have this as ASUS have just come back and said "it's normal" but it's annoying having a jet engine for 20 seconds whilst AM5 posts... :D 

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches) 

4 minutes ago, Flobberknock said:

I just want to see if anyone else has the same 'problem' I have. Prior to POST, my GPU fans run at 100%. A second or so before the POST 'beep', it calms right down. This never happened on my Z390 build with the same card so it's not the GPU's fault, so I'm wondering if it's a chipset thing. 

I'm running an ASUS X670 board, and a friend of mine who has an ASUS B650 board doesn't seem to have the same thing.

Just curious to see how many others have this as ASUS have just come back and said "it's normal" but it's annoying having a jet engine for 20 seconds whilst AM5 posts... 😄

this is my old pc i think its normal this old system was a i5 3470 so i think your okay

7 minutes ago, Flobberknock said:

Just curious to see how many others have this as ASUS have just come back and said "it's normal" but it's annoying having a jet engine for 20 seconds whilst AM5 posts... 😄

my new pc also does it but not as bad i honesly think it just depends on the fan and config 

15 minutes ago, Flobberknock said:

Du you run the latest BIOS? My X370 Board did that as well but after a BIOS update the GPU stopped doing it... With my old PC (i7-980X) that behavior was normal, so it a normal behavior but it could be fixed by a better BIOS

2 hours ago, _Omega_ said:

Du you run the latest BIOS? 

Yeah latest BIOS, I basically said to ASUS that it seems like a firmware problem and their statement was "The reported request has been recorded accordingly."

So yeah...we'll see if they ever get round to fixing it...

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches)