Seeking Feedback on My Custom PC Build - Your Thoughts?

Hello fellow tech enthusiasts!

I recently embarked on a journey to build my dream computer, investing a significant amount of time and effort into creating a high-performance system that meets my needs. After careful consideration and research, I believe I've put together a pretty solid PC assembly. However, I would greatly appreciate your valuable input and expertise to ensure that everything is as optimized as possible.

Before I share the details of my build, I want to emphasize that my primary goal is to achieve the best possible performance and compatibility among the components. I understand that personal preferences and budgets may vary, but I'm specifically looking for advice on fine-tuning this particular setup.

Here's the link to my PC build on PCPartPicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4BCysL

To give you a quick overview, here are the key components I've chosen:

Processor: Intel Core i7-13700K

Processor cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420 A-RGB

Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX 4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC

Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI

Memory: Kingston FURY 64GB KIT DDR5 6000MHz CL40 Beast XMP

Storage: Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Power Supply: MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5

Case: Cooler Master HAF 700 + 2x SickleFlow 120mm PWM ARGB Fan

Are there any alternative options that you would consider for better performance? Additionally, I'm open to suggestions regarding any other aspects of the build, such as cooling solutions or peripherals. I want to make sure that every component works perfectly together to create an optimal computing experience.

Thank you all in advance for your valuable input and guidance!

2 hours ago, ja1ba6 said:

Hello fellow tech enthusiasts!

I recently embarked on a journey to build my dream computer, investing a significant amount of time and effort into creating a high-performance system that meets my needs. After careful consideration and research, I believe I've put together a pretty solid PC assembly. However, I would greatly appreciate your valuable input and expertise to ensure that everything is as optimized as possible.

Before I share the details of my build, I want to emphasize that my primary goal is to achieve the best possible performance and compatibility among the components. I understand that personal preferences and budgets may vary, but I'm specifically looking for advice on fine-tuning this particular setup.

Here's the link to my PC build on PCPartPicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4BCysL

To give you a quick overview, here are the key components I've chosen:

Processor: Intel Core i7-13700K

Processor cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420 A-RGB

Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX 4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC

Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI

Memory: Kingston FURY 64GB KIT DDR5 6000MHz CL40 Beast XMP

Storage: Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Power Supply: MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5

Case: Cooler Master HAF 700 + 2x SickleFlow 120mm PWM ARGB Fan

Are there any alternative options that you would consider for better performance? Additionally, I'm open to suggestions regarding any other aspects of the build, such as cooling solutions or peripherals. I want to make sure that every component works perfectly together to create an optimal computing experience.

Thank you all in advance for your valuable input and guidance!

Hello, I made some changes to your build. I fixed the RAM Speeds. I switched out the AIO for a Thermaltake 360mm as well as the Case for a Thermaltake too. It has 4 included ARGB Fans so you don't need any extra. I also added a 500GB M.2 for a Boot Drive so that if you ever have to do a Fresh Install of Windows then your main Storage for Games and other large files won't be lost. And last I changed the GPU for a cheaper one from MSI Gaming X Trio Model. By making these changes I was able to save you over $300.

I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. Also DM me if you would like my Business Email, Website, and Shop Phone Number.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hGV63y

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($389.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake TH360 ARGB Sync 59.28 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($193.30 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($239.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  ($224.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($122.23 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card  ($1649.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Ceres 500 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $3220.46

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

6 hours ago, PC HEROES said:

Hello, I made some changes to your build. I fixed the RAM Speeds. I switched out the AIO for a Thermaltake 360mm as well as the Case for a Thermaltake too. It has 4 included ARGB Fans so you don't need any extra. I also added a 500GB M.2 for a Boot Drive so that if you ever have to do a Fresh Install of Windows then your main Storage for Games and other large files won't be lost. And last I changed the GPU for a cheaper one from MSI Gaming X Trio Model. By making these changes I was able to save you over $300.

I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. Also DM me if you would like my Business Email, Website, and Shop Phone Number.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hGV63y

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($389.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake TH360 ARGB Sync 59.28 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($193.30 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($239.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  ($224.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($122.23 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card  ($1649.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Ceres 500 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $3220.46

Thank you for taking the time to make those suggestions and help me optimize my build. However, I have a few constraints and considerations that I would like to address. I am located in the Czech Republic and I prefer to purchase all the parts from my country's largest electronics shop. They offer the convenience of building the computer for me and providing a three-year warranty, which is quite important to me.

Unfortunately, the shop does not carry Thermaltake hardware, so I am unable to consider your suggested changes regarding the Thermaltake 360mm AIO and case with included ARGB fans. Therefore, I need to explore other options that are available to me locally. From what I saw when I was doing my reasearch the HAF 700 offers excelent thermal performence and space even though it has higher price and dimensions.

Given my specific use case, which involves running parallel CUDA computing for machine learning at close to 100% load on the GPU for extended periods, I prioritize having the best possible airflow in my build. This will help ensure optimal cooling and maintain performance during these demanding tasks. If you have any alternative suggestions for achieving excellent airflow, I would greatly appreciate them.

Regarding the GPU, I checked the prices in my region and found that the MSI Gaming X Trio Model is actually $92 more expensive compared to the one I originally selected. While I understand that it may offer slight performance gains, I'm unsure if it's worth the extra cost for the minimal benefits it provides.

Once again, I appreciate your input and assistance in refining my build to suit my requirements.

9 hours ago, oofki said:

Nothing wrong with it. I wouldn’t get the GPU on Amazon though. It’s much cheaper at B&H 

Thank you!

52 minutes ago, ja1ba6 said:

Thank you for taking the time to make those suggestions and help me optimize my build. However, I have a few constraints and considerations that I would like to address. I am located in the Czech Republic and I prefer to purchase all the parts from my country's largest electronics shop. They offer the convenience of building the computer for me and providing a three-year warranty, which is quite important to me.

Unfortunately, the shop does not carry Thermaltake hardware, so I am unable to consider your suggested changes regarding the Thermaltake 360mm AIO and case with included ARGB fans. Therefore, I need to explore other options that are available to me locally. From what I saw when I was doing my reasearch the HAF 700 offers excelent thermal performence and space even though it has higher price and dimensions.

Given my specific use case, which involves running parallel CUDA computing for machine learning at close to 100% load on the GPU for extended periods, I prioritize having the best possible airflow in my build. This will help ensure optimal cooling and maintain performance during these demanding tasks. If you have any alternative suggestions for achieving excellent airflow, I would greatly appreciate them.

Regarding the GPU, I checked the prices in my region and found that the MSI Gaming X Trio Model is actually $92 more expensive compared to the one I originally selected. While I understand that it may offer slight performance gains, I'm unsure if it's worth the extra cost for the minimal benefits it provides.

Once again, I appreciate your input and assistance in refining my build to suit my requirements.

I am not sure what prices are like in your country let alone in that shop that you prefer., without knowing the stock there is no way of knowing what available.

As for the PC Case, I highly recommend finding something different. Here in the US that particular Case is 4x the cost of the one that I picked for the same if not less of a performance. If need be just pick any case that has All Mesh Front and Top Panels and just add extra Fans to compensate.

I have changed those things on the list and I hope you can now find the new items. Also I changed the country to the Czech Republic for more exact pricing.

https://cz.pcpartpicker.com/list/6dTCsL

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  (9999.00Kč @ Alza)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LS720 85.85 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (3399.00Kč @ Alza)
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (7990.00Kč @ Alza)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (6899.00Kč @ Alza)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (1499.00Kč @ Alza)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (3499.00Kč @ Alza)
Video Card: MSI RTX 4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card  (43890.00Kč @ Alza)
Case: Zalman Z10 PLUS ATX Mid Tower Case  (2449.00Kč @ Alza)
Power Supply: MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (4349.00Kč @ Alza)
Total: 83973.00Kč

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772