How much wattage?

My friend is building a high and pc with a 4090, 7800x3d,64gb ddr5 ram, but it has water cooling, unfortunately, Corsair doesn’t mention wattage. How much wattage does it need

2 minutes ago, GreenFLAMEmatrick said:

but it has water cooling

Still same, 850-1000W. D5 Pumps doesnt eat a lot of power, similar to a HDD at full tilt. But if youre talking AIO, that thing has an even smaller pump and it shouldnt raise a concern. The fans on it would eat more wattage.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

9 minutes ago, GreenFLAMEmatrick said:

My friend is building a high and pc with a 4090, 7800x3d,64gb ddr5 ram, but it has water cooling, unfortunately, Corsair doesn’t mention wattage. How much wattage does it need

Depends on if they're overclocking or not. My rig can draw in excess of 700W measured from the wall, but that's with a fat overclock. Otherwise its ~550W. 7950x3D being comparable wattage to the 5800x3D it replaced and the 7800x3D. I've also tested a CCD0 only setup for collective hours and its a similar draw.

RTX 4090 has an absurdly stable power draw compared to its predecessor as well, so any power spiking issues you might see with RTX 3000 series don't apply to at least the RTX 4090.

If we're talking about power supplies, anything above the recommended is enough. I'd recommend a 1000W if you had the choice though since the prices on such are pretty good now. Its also worth investing into native 12VHPWR ATX 3.0/PCIe 5.0 power supplies. The QoL in building with it is worth the slight extra cost, but even 1000W 12VHPWR native models aren't that expensive now.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

6 minutes ago, Agall said:

Depends on if they're overclocking or not. My rig can draw in excess of 700W measured from the wall, but that's with a fat overclock. Otherwise its ~550W. 7950x3D being comparable wattage to the 5800x3D it replaced and the 7800x3D. I've also tested a CCD0 only setup for collective hours and its a similar draw.

RTX 4090 has an absurdly stable power draw compared to its predecessor as well, so any power spiking issues you might see with RTX 3000 series don't apply to at least the RTX 4090.

If we're talking about power supplies, anything above the recommended is enough. I'd recommend a 1000W if you had the choice though since the prices on such are pretty good now. Its also worth investing into native 12VHPWR ATX 3.0/PCIe 5.0 power supplies. The QoL in building with it is worth the slight extra cost, but even 1000W 12VHPWR native models aren't that expensive now.

Is c1200 or msi ai1300p good, they are a rated in psu cult list, has atx 3.0 and pcie5 cables. Also cheaper than a lot of 1000w psu with those features

Also while we are at it, what would be some good 4K monitors than are around 1000 usd and has good refresh rate

@GreenFLAMEmatrick

So I would suggest a 1000-watt PSU of at least Gold rating, Platinum preferred.

The RTX 4090 will draw up to 600 watts if you unlock the power target, add in 100 watts for the CPU plus another 100 watts for Motherboard, RAM, fans, ECT (rest of the system) and you have a worst-case scenario of 800-watt draw.

Typical Total system draw during gaming will probably be around 550-600 watts, and that will put the effecentcy right at the peak of the curve and save every possible cent from the power bill.

For reference, I also run the Ryzen 7800X-3D but my GPU is the RX 7900-XTX Red Devil - a 360 watt card that with unlocked power can push to 430 watts. My PSU is a Seasonic Focus PX-850 (850-Watt Platinum). See my signature for the build log thread.

For gaming I have the GPU set to a mild OC, pushing +5% power target and 2600MHz VRAM with fast timings while leaving the core at default settings because these Radeon cards overclock themselves these days - during lower resolution/extreme FPS output, the core will push itself to nearly 3000MHz with core tuning completely disabled, its a strange thing about modern Radeon cards. This means about 400 watts draw during gaming. Check out my RDR2 gameplay during the hunting tutorial, you will see the wattage metric on the very top line and furthest to the right:

EDIT: How are 1200-1300 Watt PSUs cheaper than 1000 Watt models? Thats pretty weird.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

6 hours ago, GreenFLAMEmatrick said:

Is c1200 or msi ai1300p good, they are a rated in psu cult list, has atx 3.0 and pcie5 cables. Also cheaper than a lot of 1000w psu with those features

If they are A tier, that means that they are good. Gold and platinum etc only refer to efficiency. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂