Deleting old mobo drivers after mobo swap

ImServs

I recently swapped my system from ATX to ITX, in doing so i kept the same CPU, SSDs, GPU, and Windows 11 partition. I however changed to a different motherboard brand and went from ddr4 to ddr5. Because of this games are now crashing and I believe it to be old mobo drivers causing it.

My old board was an asus z690-a ddr4. I could reinstall windows but id love to avoid that headache. How would I go about locating and deleting all of the old drivers? 

Only way I know of: I usually prefer reinstalling instead of going through this route.

image.png.3c4dbbca4675b029dd911cdc2b6c942d.png

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

10 minutes ago, SenpaiServs said:

Out of Box or Audit mode?

neither is needed for your use case; just the base command mentioned above 🙂

edit: the other flags on sysprep are used for preparing images for deployment for business/school use on Active Directory but the 'generalize' flag is useful for hardware swapping too since it removes all drivers forcing the computer to pull them fresh.

5 minutes ago, Brando212 said:

neither is needed for your use case; just the base command mentioned above 🙂

Appreciate the info, im down a rabbit hole at this point because the original command is throwing an error, specifying path works, but brings up the sysprep menu. And to that, sysprep is erroring out. Likely due to the microsoft store not being present on my system (uninstalled). So ill try the original command after reinstalling it. After that, I think ill have reached the point of just reinstalling windows 😅

1 minute ago, SenpaiServs said:

Appreciate the info, im down a rabbit hole at this point because the original command is throwing an error, specifying path works, but brings up the sysprep menu. And to that, sysprep is erroring out. Likely due to the microsoft store not being present on my system (uninstalled). So ill try the original command after reinstalling it. After that, I think ill have reached the point of just reinstalling windows 😅

ah yeah, definitely understandable. comes to a point sometimes where starting fresh is just the best path to take.

if you have to go that route then you could save yourself a bit of time by pulling your current drive and installing to a fresh drive, then you can plug in your old drive to another slot after or put it in an external closer after to migrate anything needed.

5 minutes ago, Brando212 said:

ah yeah, definitely understandable. comes to a point sometimes where starting fresh is just the best path to take.

if you have to go that route then you could save yourself a bit of time by pulling your current drive and installing to a fresh drive, then you can plug in your old drive to another slot after or put it in an external closer after to migrate anything needed.

ive got the registry ignoring windows store and still erroring, so at this point, time to wipe. Thanks for the help tho, knowledge might come in hand in the future.