Corsair K100 switches?

frozensun
Go to solution Solved by saintlouisbagels,

seon123's comment included pictures of where to look, so do us a favor and look at this comment instead of asking "could you mark it on the pic?"

In your original post you included a picture of the switch. That picture is completely blown out because the white LED is turn on. Request the seller to send a picture of the switch with the LED turned off. And obviously make sure it is a sharp picture so that you (or us) can actually read the branding on the switch.

I also asked you to send a picture of the switches on your keyboard since there seems to be confusion, and you completely ignored that. You even quoted it!

Hi guys.

I want to purchase this keyboard from a guy but I dunno what switches on his keyboard are installed.

Correct me if I am wrong but there are 2 versions of this keyboard, with optomechanical switches and speed MX.

He took a photo of a switch (pic below).

So is it with optomechanical or speed mx switch?

Screenshot_20230610-084928_OLXba.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Corsair isn't making this easy to figure out. Looks like you need to test your switches to 100 million keystrokes. If it fails then it was the Silver MX. If it keeps going another 50 million, then you got the OPX.

image.png.6119ea338c65f33f1aaf596777c56c8a.png

Just look at the switches. If they say Cherry, they're the Cherry switches, if they have a Corsair logo, they're the Corsair switches. 

:)

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

Just look at the switches. If they say Cherry, they're the Cherry switches, if they have a Corsair logo, they're the Corsair switches. 

To look where?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

At the switches

Reveal hidden contents

Corsair K100 RGB Keyboard Review - noble flagship with new OPX keys in  long-term test | Page 2 | igor'sLAB

Cherry MX Speed Silver RGB - Keycaps Industries

Hmmm...do you see it in my pic?

30 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Hmmm...do you see it in my pic?

Ask the person to take a sharp picture with the backlight turned off or just ask them what it says on the plastic housing. It should either be "Cherry" or the Corsair logo.

@seon123 included pictures in his comment to guide you..

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

1 minute ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Ask the person to take a sharp picture with the backlight turned off or just ask them what it says on the plastic housing. It should either be "Cherry" or the Corsair logo.

Could you mark it on pic,where to look at?

Because I have Corsair K95 Platinum with speed mx and don't see what you talk about?

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

Could you mark it on pic,where to look at?

Because I have Corsair K95 Platinum with speed mx and don't see what you talk about?

Why don't you send a picture of your keyboard switches so that we're on the same page?

| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

1 hour ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Why don't you send a picture of your keyboard switches so that we're on the same page?

He sent me one more...

Screenshot_20230610-121515.png

41 minutes ago, frozensun said:

He sent me one more...

It's incredible how difficult you are making this question for everyone.

seon123's comment included pictures of where to look, so do us a favor and look at this comment instead of asking "could you mark it on the pic?"

In your original post you included a picture of the switch. That picture is completely blown out because the white LED is turn on. Request the seller to send a picture of the switch with the LED turned off. And obviously make sure it is a sharp picture so that you (or us) can actually read the branding on the switch.

I also asked you to send a picture of the switches on your keyboard since there seems to be confusion, and you completely ignored that. You even quoted it!

Hmmm seems there is misunderstanding.

The keyboard is not mine, a guy is selling to me, and I'd need to ask him to do such special pictures for us.

Judging by serial number or product code seems like it is with MX speed switches.

Are K95 platinum and K100 keycaps interchangable?

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

Should be, at a quick glance they both have Cherry MX style switches, so the keycaps should be compatible. I also doubt Corsair would go through the trouble of making many non-interchangeable sets of keycaps, doesn't make a lot of sense from a supply perspective.

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

Not all of them. The K95 has a different bottom row, so the space bar, Ctrl, Alt etc. will not fit. 

:)

On 6/11/2023 at 1:07 PM, seon123 said:

Not all of them. The K95 has a different bottom row, so the space bar, Ctrl, Alt etc. will not fit. 

But regular letter caps are swapable?

On 6/11/2023 at 2:23 AM, frozensun said:

Hmmm seems there is misunderstanding.

The keyboard is not mine, a guy is selling to me, and I'd need to ask him to do such special pictures for us.

Um, no. There was never any misunderstanding. You incorrectly read every post that directly addressed your questions.

No, it is not a special picture. It is the same picture, but with the LED turned off.

In fact, he doesn't even need to send a picture. You could just ask him to tell you the branding on the switch. But instead of asking the seller 1 question, you chose to ask people in this thread multiple questions spread out through multiple days.

On 6/10/2023 at 5:10 AM, saintlouisbagels said:

On 6/10/2023 at 6:57 AM, saintlouisbagels said:

- - - - - - - - - - -

4 hours ago, frozensun said:

But regular letter caps are swapable?

Yes. Regular letters (as with most keys on a keyboard) are 1U size so they are swappable.

The difficulty mostly appears with modifier keys (CTRL, ALT, WINDOWS, FN) because every brand does the sizing slightly differently.

It's even possible to run into issues with keys like HOME/END/PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN because a brand may place them on a non-standard row.

10 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Um, no. There was never any misunderstanding. You incorrectly read every post that directly addressed your questions.

No, it is not a special picture. It is the same picture, but with the LED turned off.

In fact, he doesn't even need to send a picture. You could just ask him to tell you the branding on the switch. But instead of asking the seller 1 question, you chose to ask people in this thread multiple questions spread out through multiple days.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Yes. Regular letters (as with most keys on a keyboard) are 1U size so they are swappable.

The difficulty mostly appears with modifier keys (CTRL, ALT, WINDOWS, FN) because every brand does the sizing slightly differently.

It's even possible to run into issues with keys like HOME/END/PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN because a brand may place them on a non-standard row.

Ok thank you so much...I asked him and the swtiches are from Cherry MX...so must be speed switches.
I don't think that even makes much difference in normal use, Cherry or Corsair Opt...