Quick question about fans

Isildur

Hi,

My case has 6 case fans and a double fan cpu cooler one.

3 intake on the front, 1 exhaust in the back, 1 exhaust on top (right above the cpu and next to the back one) and, of course the cpu cooler.

I just recently tweaked with the fan curve using Asus Armory (yes, i know it's not great) and chose the "silent" preset.

What that means is the 3 front fans are not working and they just start to work as soon as the temps go above a value. Which means that at this point i have no intake fans working, unless you count of the fans of the double CPU Cooler.

It's important to mention that i STILL (key word) don't have a dedicated GPU yet, so the temps are never that high.

The CPU runs at 35-38ºC

The boot SSD MVMe runs at 48-50ºC

The other NVMe at 42-46ºC

And the HDD at 40-45ºC

My question is, should the front fans be stopped?

I ask this due to the positive/negative pressure angle (dust and all), also because i read once that the all on/off is not good for the fans.

The only constantly working are the CPU cooler and the top one, even the back one stops and works depending on if it's required (that happens even if i go with the "standard" preset, but that i bet is because, like i said, the temps never go very high).

That is a lot for a system without a GPU. Airflow and fans can get super complicated with all the different cases and heat generating components out there. The super duper short version is that if your happy with your temps and noise level then you are probably ok. Without knowing all your specs, case, and what you are doing with your PC. I would say that you are perfectly fine given those temps.

25 minutes ago, CWALD said:

That is a lot for a system without a GPU

You are absolutely right, it is a lot for a system without a GPU.

The idea was to buy one 1 or 2 months after getting the PC...but life got in the way.

The goal is still to get a dedicated GPU (RTX 3070 or up) sooner rather later, but at this point i'm fine since i'm only playing older games that i didn't got to (just played Prey 2006, at 60fps, all maxed out, on a UHD 730).

As for the specs:

> i5-12400

> 16Gb Ram

Asus TUF Gaming B660M-Plus WiFi D4

> Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh ARGB

> Corsair RM 750X

The use, heavy gaming (not at the time, of course) and the normal stuff (work, internet). I don't play online or stream.

5 minutes ago, Isildur said:

You are absolutely right, it is a lot for a system without a GPU.

The idea was to buy one 1 or 2 months after getting the PC...but life got in the way.

The goal is still to get a dedicated GPU (RTX 3070 or up) sooner rather later, but at this point i'm fine since i'm only playing older games that i didn't got to (just played Prey 2006, at 60fps, all maxed out, on a UHD 730).

As for the specs:

> i5-12400

> 16Gb Ram

Asus TUF Gaming B660M-Plus WiFi D4

> Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh ARGB

> Corsair RM 750X

The use, heavy gaming (not at the time, of course) and the normal stuff (work, internet). I don't play online or stream.

Cool, I would just leave your curve as is right now and play with it after you get that GPU. The GPU will dump a bunch of extra heat in your case and change everything.