iPhone 6s or iPhone 7 for a secondary phone?

milesuy

I am planning to get a secondary phone for watching/playing YouTube and Spotify, since my car's stereo/radio only supports Apple devices. I am considering the iPhone 6s or iPhone 7.

I will most likely put YT and Spotify on the phone. I want the phone to be snappy, as long as it does not lag when playing songs I'm good. I also won't be multitasking on it nor play games.

Is the iPhone 6s good enough or should I get the iPhone 7?

Notes:

• Spotify's minimum requirements is iOS 14 (link). So iPhone 6 Plus and lower are out of the question. I also considered the iPod Touch 7th Gen, but there are few people selling it and most of them are the same price as an iPhone 6s.
  • The iPhone 7 is about 20% more expensive than the iPhone 6s.

5 minutes ago, milesuy said:

I am planning to get a secondary phone for watching/playing YouTube and Spotify, since my car's stereo/radio only supports Apple devices. I am considering the iPhone 6s or iPhone 7.

I will most likely put YT and Spotify on the phone. I want the phone to be snappy, as long as it does not lag when playing songs I'm good. I also won't be multitasking on it nor play games.

Is the iPhone 6s good enough or should I get the iPhone 7?

Notes:

• Spotify's minimum requirements is iOS 14 (link). So iPhone 6 Plus and lower are out of the question. I also considered the iPod Touch 7th Gen, but there are few people selling it and most of them are the same price as an iPhone 6s.
  • The iPhone 7 is about 20% more expensive than the iPhone 6s.

The Iphone 7 is a fair bit faster, I'd get that one

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

No bluetooth connection option?

Also id get neither because the 6s is end of support and the 7 is close behind so going this cheap basically will mean needing to buy another phone again soon

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

No bluetooth connection option?

No, just a USB port, and its only for Apple devices.

I'd recommend you should get the iPhone 8 (which is the same CPU as the iPhone X). The upcoming major iOS update considers the 8 and X as too old FYI so they will not be receiving full features, etc.

Absolutely do not go iPhone 6. The 6S was when they switched to NVMe and had a massive speed difference.

Get the iPhone 7 if you plan to get AirPods or something in the future.

If you have Amazon, it's also a fairly small price jump to go for the iPhone Xr which has a bigger screen and better battery life.

I've been buying my mother iPhone 8's for the last few years (she loves to give them to family when she goes to Vietnam) and at this point it's become really old and I can notice operational lag. The Xr is a nice jump up with negligible price difference.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

3 hours ago, milesuy said:

No, just a USB port, and its only for Apple devices.

Then honestly with iphone updates and all the 8 would be the lowest.

5 hours ago, jaslion said:

Then honestly with iphone updates and all the 8 would be the lowest.

My budget is USD75/PHP4200 (the cheaper the better), so iPhone 8 and higher might be out of the budget.

How's your experince in the iPhone 8, is it bad?

9 hours ago, milesuy said:

I want the phone to be snappy, as long as it does not lag when playing songs I'm good. I also won't be multitasking on it nor play games.

I guess I don't mind a few hiccups, as long as its not lagging or hung for a few seconds.

As for support, does Spotify frequently up their minimum requirements for their app?

5 hours ago, milesuy said:

As for support, does Spotify frequently up their minimum requirements for their app?

Yeah basically they support 2-3 ios versions usually and thats it.

The 8 is a totally fine phone

At the moment,

Spotify requires at least iOS 14

YouTube requires at least iOS 14

There are already some apps that require iOS 15 or later to run.

iPhone 7 supports up to iOS 15

iPhone 8 / iPhone X supports up to iOS 16 (current)

iOS 17 is coming out this Fall and iPhone 8 / iPhone X will not be supported.

Do what you will with this information.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Thanks for the reply, I got an iPhone 8.

I got it at a cheap price, but its really beat up, with all glasses cracked (screen & back glass), but it works!