24 pin wont go in.

testeras

Is it okay if it doesnt go all way in, i've been trying to push it all the way in for 45 minutes. Pc boots just fine

IMG_20230607_181450.jpg

dumb question but is it in the right way? turn it around

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

7 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

It is the right way

1 minute ago, testeras said:

It is the right way

odd that theres no lock

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

I'd check those connector closely, with a magnifier. There must be something in the way.

I'm willing to swim against the current.

7 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

It seems like it is... you can neither see the clip of the 24-pin nor the catch on the connector...

is the connector a standard 24-pin? Can you check and make sure that the shapes of the plug and the connector add up? 

Just want to be sure that is not just some proprietary junk from an oem since the board is green 

Check the edges of the connector, in case there's a plastic burr or something that's physically stopping it.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I had same issue with old psu, it also didnt want to go all way in.

I used it for a year and it never crashed or something like that.

All 24 pins in this psu match motherboard i think, i checked some squares and shapes of connector and 24 pins to see do they match before putting it in

Board is ih61m and psu mag a550bn, someone can check compatability if they want

Is it safe to leave it be, can it cause damage?

I dont have power hungry components

17 minutes ago, testeras said:

I had same issue with old psu, it also didnt want to go all way in.

I used it for a year and it never crashed or something like that.

All 24 pins in this psu match motherboard i think, i checked edges of connector and 24 pins both sides do they match before putting it in

Is it safe to leave it be, can it cause damage?

I dont have power hungry components

No it is absolutely not safe to leave it like that:

image.thumb.png.6a92f7114aa1e6df1c9b9efcf6b3110a.png

Sometimes plugging it in fully requires a good amount of pressure, or you'll end up as above or worse.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

No it is absolutely not safe to leave it like that:

http://i.imgur.com/8SeuVJ4h.jpg

Sometimes plugging it in fully requires a good amount of pressure, or you'll end up as above or worse.

That link doesnt work.

I've been bending board for it to plug in for 45 minutes, it just doesnt go

4 minutes ago, testeras said:

That link doesnt work.

Then so be it. Probably a plastic tolerance issue. Use as is its fine

5 minutes ago, testeras said:

That link doesnt work.

Link works fine for me.  Just gives you a larger picture of the connector shown above.

Take care and good luck.

Also check the cable connector, I have had the conector need to be repaired when something comes loose.  Also check for bent pins on the monther board as well.

And there should be a lock on that connector, if not you have a bad mother board.  Also if you are messing with an old OEM board, beware.  Dell and others don't use standard pinned connectors on their power supplies.  It just to be really fun because they used the same end on a cable, but reversed some of the ground and hot pins so you could frag a non-dell with the power supply or destroy a Dell with a normal PSU.

5 minutes ago, DarkWaterSong said:

Also check the cable connector, I have had the conector need to be repaired when something comes loose.  Also check for bent pins on the monther board as well.

And there should be a lock on that connector, if not you have a bad mother board.  Also if you are messing with an old OEM board, beware.  Dell and others don't use standard pinned connectors on their power supplies.  It just to be really fun because they used the same end on a cable, but reversed some of the ground and hot pins so you could frag a non-dell with the power supply or destroy a Dell with a normal PSU.

Its Lenovo motherboard.

And psu is not dell, msi

lenovo-ih61m-ver42-intel-h61-mainboard-micro-atx-sockel-1155-37819.jpg

17 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Then so be it. Probably a plastic tolerance issue. Use as is its fine

No, it absolutely is not, have you learn't nothing from the NVIDIA 12 pin connector saga?

The pins can only handle their rated current if the entire pin is making contact, which means it HAS to be fully plugged in.  Also if its not locked in place, any slight knock to the PC could cause it to shift.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

4 minutes ago, testeras said:

Its Lenovo motherboard.

And psu is not dell, msi

lenovo-ih61m-ver42-intel-h61-mainboard-micro-atx-sockel-1155-37819.jpg

Ok, Lenovo is not as bad as Dell, but they use smaller connectors on their power supplies and you are only supposed to use Lenovo power supplies with them.

If not, you actually have to cut down 3rd party power supplies to fit and I cannot recommend doing that.  Its one of the reasons I never use OEM boards, because they almost always have something that does not let you use normal parts.

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Also if its not locked in place, any slight knock to the PC could cause it to shift.

I also have broken pcie latch, so that pc stays in place.

1 hour ago, DarkWaterSong said:

Ok, Lenovo is not as bad as Dell, but they use smaller connectors on their power supplies and you are only supposed to use Lenovo power supplies with them.

So did i damage something by praying so hard

On 6/8/2023 at 11:57 AM, DarkWaterSong said:

If not, you actually have to cut down 3rd party power supplies to fit and I cannot recommend doing that.  Its one of the reasons I never use OEM boards, because they almost always have something that does not let you use normal parts.

Why then 4 pin for cpu goes all way in.

I removed connector and reseated it, still doesnt go in. Here some pictures of motherboard atx, there is nothing in the way, and pins are not bent.

I checked every square and circle, they all match.

IMG_20230609_171457.jpg

IMG_20230609_171517.jpg

IMG_20230609_171525.jpg

IMG_20230609_172316.jpg