Planning new enthusiast build that lasts for 5 years

This is what I've currently in mind:

Corsair Obsidian 1000D Super Tower Case

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO 

Intel Core i9-13900K CPU

Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR5 6000MHz 64GB

WD Black SN850X Heatsink NVMe SSD 2TB

This is all I've researched right now. I have never build a PC on my own and I have no idea about cooling solutions and how to install them at all. I just picked these parts because I've read that these are the best of the best right now so that my PC will last for about 5 years and make it worth the money spend. The case is very big but that will make it easiert for me to try out building the system inside. Also, I'll be able to keep the case for 10 years and not worry about space or other cases ever, maybe. 

Please tell me what I should change and add so that this system is complete. Any tips are appreciated.

Budget?

Usecase?

What screen do you have if it's for gaming?

I mean like you just picked the most expensive parts.

That motherboard is NOT better than a regular 200€ board.

Neither is the case. Actually that case is too big for it's own good really and just get a normal tower case.

Normally we don't recommend top spec as it's cheaper and better to just get a big cheaper gpu and then upgrade it in a couple years. Meaning lower price and better performance over time.

As for the rest. That cpu will NEVER be utilized much more than half for games. A 13600k is plenty hell amd is right there with the current BEST gaming cpu the 7800x3d.

Ssd same thing. Overkill and we still are at the point where the difference between a sata drive or fastest pcie 5.0 drive is minimal to not there.

That'll be one giant system. Corsair 1000D cases are not small, lol. That's entirely personal preference though, if you want a ginormous case, there it is.

From your list - I would probably aim for a cheaper motherboard. Those premium boards don't add much in the way of 'extra performance' over a cheaper board - just more bells and whistles. It sounds like you just want the best so I'm not going to steer you away from the i9/4090 combo.

For a power supply, I would probably look towards something like a Corsair RM1000e for a PSU (they're ATX 3.0 compat so you won't need to use the stupid dongle for your graphics card). Don't skimp on this.

Cooler, there's so many options out there. A list of good coolers are listed here, any in the first few tiers should be good. They'll have instructions on how to install. If you just want a choice picked, either go Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua D14/D15 for air, or a Corsair or Arctic Liquid Freezer II for liquid.

What screen are you using/thinking of getting?

Main: 5900X | RTX 3070 | Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite | 32GB DDR4-3600 | 1TB SN750 + 2TB WD SATA SSD

WinXP: Ph2 945 | GTX 750 Ti | Asus M4A79XTD-EVO | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 320GB WD HDD

DOS/Win95: 200MMX | S3 Trio64v2/DX + Diamond Monster 3D | Asus P5-99VM | 64MB PC100 | 80GB IDE HDD

Apple IIe Enh.: 65C02 | 64K RAM | 2xDisk II | SSC - Post

6 minutes ago, gen_angry said:

That'll be one giant system. Corsair 1000D cases are not small, lol. That's entirely personal preference though, if you want a ginormous case, there it is.

From your list - I would probably aim for a cheaper motherboard. Those premium boards don't add much in the way of 'extra performance' over a cheaper board - just more bells and whistles. It sounds like you just want the best so I'm not going to steer you away from the i9/4090 combo.

For a power supply, I would probably look towards something like a Corsair RM1000e for a PSU (they're ATX 3.0 compat so you won't need to use the stupid dongle for your graphics card). Don't skimp on this.

Cooler, there's so many options out there. A list of good coolers are listed here, any in the first few tiers should be good. They'll have instructions on how to install. If you just want a choice picked, either go Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua D14/D15 for air, or a Corsair or Arctic Liquid Freezer II for liquid.

What screen are you using/thinking of getting?

Thank you. As for the screen, the Asus ROG Swift PG42UQ. 

I'm very intimidated by that huge selection of PSU's and cooling options. How to even decide on one if there are so many from so many brands. And they look complicated to install. 

32 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

This is what I've currently in mind:

Corsair Obsidian 1000D Super Tower Case

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO 

Intel Core i9-13900K CPU

Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR5 6000MHz 64GB

WD Black SN850X Heatsink NVMe SSD 2TB

This is all I've researched right now. I have never build a PC on my own and I have no idea about cooling solutions and how to install them at all. I just picked these parts because I've read that these are the best of the best right now so that my PC will last for about 5 years and make it worth the money spend. The case is very big but that will make it easiert for me to try out building the system inside. Also, I'll be able to keep the case for 10 years and not worry about space or other cases ever, maybe. 

Please tell me what I should change and add so that this system is complete. Any tips are appreciated.

Need to know your budget, what country you are located, what will be the primary uses of your PC and if it includes gaming then we need to know your monitor resolution or if a monitor is to be included in the budget.

2 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

Thank you. As for the screen, the Asus ROG Swift PG42UQ. 

I'm very intimidated by that huge selection of PSU's and cooling options. How to even decide on one if there are so many from so many brands. And they look complicated to install. 

Here is an alternative to the Intel Build you wanted. It is an AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D Build with a Radeon RX 7900XTX. I also included the Monitor you wanted.

I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please ask.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gsJwTn

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($449.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($48.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650E AORUS MASTER ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($533.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($234.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($122.49 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  ($1089.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Gigabyte C301 GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GF A3 1050 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Asus ROG Swift OLED PG42UQ 41.5" 3840 x 2160 138 Hz Monitor  ($1299.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $4117.42

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

I would run that build like this.  Easier case to build with, PCIe 5.0 psu and a locked cpu so it isn't cooking your VRM's.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i9-13900 2 GHz 24-Core Processor  ($549.99 @ Best Buy) 
CPU Cooler: *ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420 A-RGB 68.9 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($175.12 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: *MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: *G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($239.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: *Western Digital Black SN770 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: *Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: *Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card  ($1599.00 @ B&H) 
Case: *Lian Li LANCOOL III RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($147.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: *MSI MEG Ai1300P PCIE5 1300 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($349.99 @ B&H) 
Operating System: *Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $3706.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-07 18:10 EDT-0400

A better look at those components.

https://lian-li.com/product/lancool-iii/  

https://www.msi.com/Power-Supply/MEG-Ai1300P-PCIE5  

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-Z790-CARBON-WIFI   

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/230499/intel-core-i913900-processor-36m-cache-up-to-5-60-ghz/specifications.html      

https://www.arctic.de/us/Liquid-Freezer-II-420-A-RGB/ACFRE00109A  

https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/graphics-cards/tuf-gaming/tuf-rtx4090-24g-gaming/

11 hours ago, PC HEROES said:

Here is an alternative to the Intel Build you wanted. It is an AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D Build with a Radeon RX 7900XTX. I also included the Monitor you wanted.

I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please ask.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gsJwTn

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($449.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($48.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650E AORUS MASTER ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($533.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($234.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($122.49 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  ($1089.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Gigabyte C301 GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GF A3 1050 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Asus ROG Swift OLED PG42UQ 41.5" 3840 x 2160 138 Hz Monitor  ($1299.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $4117.42

Thank you for this list. If I buy the Gigabyte C301 GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case or the Corsair Obsidian 1000D Super Tower Case, will every cooling system I pick fit inside? What about fans? I've seen some being called AIO. Does that mean I only pick that with AIO and don't need any other fans extra? 

2 hours ago, Blizzforte said:

Thank you for this list. If I buy the Gigabyte C301 GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case or the Corsair Obsidian 1000D Super Tower Case, will every cooling system I pick fit inside? What about fans? I've seen some being called AIO. Does that mean I only pick that with AIO and don't need any other fans extra? 

Both Cooling options will work, CPU Air Tower Cooling or AIO Water Cooling. In a build with this much power and heat extra fans are needed to help cool the PC down. The added case fans are enough from the Case that I picked and the Corsair Case only has 1 or 2 fans and no Mesh Front Panel. This is crucial with parts that run this hot. If you get that Corsair Case then over time your parts will overheat and fry.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 2:11 PM, PC HEROES said:

Both Cooling options will work, CPU Air Tower Cooling or AIO Water Cooling. In a build with this much power and heat extra fans are needed to help cool the PC down. The added case fans are enough from the Case that I picked and the Corsair Case only has 1 or 2 fans and no Mesh Front Panel. This is crucial with parts that run this hot. If you get that Corsair Case then over time your parts will overheat and fry.

So how do people cool their parts with the Corsair Obsidian 1000D? 

38 minutes ago, Blizzforte said:

So how do people cool their parts with the Corsair Obsidian 1000D? 

Back in 2018 PC parts didn't get nearly as hot as they do now. The 1000D Case has limited Airflow through openings on both sides of the Front Panel and very small gaps on the top of the Case. I think the main design of this case was to be a Server style PC in an environment that is really cold. Sure it can be used for a normal Gaming PC a few years ago but not now. Back when this Case was made people didn't have to worry too much about Airflow and Cooling the parts off because they simply didn't get hot enough.

Now you see more and more PC Cases being made with Full Mesh Front and Top Panels to help with Airflow. Intel's 13th Gen CPUs get excessively hot if not Cooled properly. In order to dissipate the heat you need unrestricted Airflow throughout the whole Case. AMD CPUs tend not to get as hot as Intel but not by much. Not only do you have to worry about the CPU heat but also everything else. Every part that has power going to it has to vent it's heat output somehow. Motherboards, RAM, GPUs, PSUs, and even M.2 Drives need a Heatshield or a Heatsink.

I just don't want you to regret it later on if something happens to your PC. I'm trying to share my 30 years of PC Building knowledge with you in hopes that this doesn't happen. I have many horror stories of overheated and fried PC parts and whole PCs just because of inadequate Airflow and Cooling.

Please don't think that I'm trying to yell at you or make you in fear of PC Building. I just want you to have the best of my information going forward. I wish you the very best and I really hope it all works out for you.

I only want to help and if you need to talk further then please DM me and I'll give you my Business Email and Shop Phone Number.