Best way to re-attach the ear-cup (?) for a pair of sony headphones

Bigbenirv
Go to solution Solved by OhYou_,

in many cases you can find someone who 3d prints and sells replacement parts for more common headphones, Barring that, I would also suggest epoxy, and buying a bit of raw fiberglass or carbon fiber to cut into little strips and stick within the epoxy and form a better joint.
you have to be careful to not affect the swivel of the joint in any way or it will then not fit on your head well and it gets extremely annoying.

I've had these Sony XB950N1 sitting for a while and I'm finally getting around to fix this earcup that broke off, aside from that the headphones still work perfectly so I was wondering if any of you guys had a clue as to what could be the best way to re-attach them as I do not want to throw them away. 

860322b0-0640-47c2-9d92-fe7f68e1da96.jpg

Epoxy would be the best IMHO.  I had the same problem once and epoxy worked for me.  Superglue just isn't strong enough.

in many cases you can find someone who 3d prints and sells replacement parts for more common headphones, Barring that, I would also suggest epoxy, and buying a bit of raw fiberglass or carbon fiber to cut into little strips and stick within the epoxy and form a better joint.
you have to be careful to not affect the swivel of the joint in any way or it will then not fit on your head well and it gets extremely annoying.

16 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

Did Epoxy and some carbon fibre I had lying around, stiff as a beam, maybe even stiffer than it originally was!