Thermals issue with 2400g (after/before AIO)

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,

Aio is kinda meh id suggest a cheap dual tower like the peerless assassin 120 (se) or ag/ak 620 which will crush that ml240, india is very close to china so maybe youll see some solid china alternatives like id cooling available for a decent price though i do know china and india have kinda been really pissed off with eachother so maybe not but might aswell check

85c is completely normal no worries here

I have a PC which had a apu 2400g, I ran it for 4 years and no issue came, recently I bought a 3060 which ofcourse bottlenecked my cpu but I have to take the risk, I planned to upgrade the cpu too. Now the problem came with thermal temps, I noticed that my cpu was getting too hot after pairing with 3060, like 50-65 idle and 100 crossed (103 max I saw) with cinebench, now I know cinebench runs the cpu 100% but that was concering.

I had an ambient temp of 40°C (I live in India) so I decided to upragde my cooler, I upgraded it to Coolermaster ML240 AIO cooler, after it had installed the idle was still somewhere 40-55 but I considered it normal as the ambient was also close to 39-40, and cinebench it was going 75-80, and games was 50-60.

But after enabling game oc mode of my MSI B450 gaming plus and x-amp profile 1, It rose to 50-60 idle and 55-75 gaming, cinebench it came with 85 max. Should I be concerned or not. Please its been eating up since I saw the temps of gaming. Much love Kaushal

8 minutes ago, GOLIATHpapa said:

I have a PC which had a apu 2400g, I ran it for 4 years and no issue came, recently I bought a 3060 which ofcourse bottlenecked my cpu but I have to take the risk, I planned to upgrade the cpu too. Now the problem came with thermal temps, I noticed that my cpu was getting too hot after pairing with 3060, like 50-65 idle and 100 crossed (103 max I saw) with cinebench, now I know cinebench runs the cpu 100% but that was concering.

I had an ambient temp of 40°C (I live in India) so I decided to upragde my cooler, I upgraded it to Coolermaster ML240 AIO cooler, after it had installed the idle was still somewhere 40-55 but I considered it normal as the ambient was also close to 39-40, and cinebench it was going 75-80, and games was 50-60.

But after enabling game oc mode of my MSI B450 gaming plus and x-amp profile 1, It rose to 50-60 idle and 55-75 gaming, cinebench it came with 85 max. Should I be concerned or not. Please its been eating up since I saw the temps of gaming. Much love Kaushal

50-60 idle and 55-75 gaming while the ambient temp of 40c is not bad at all. Maybe the idle temps are a bit high but nothing I would say is concerning. The gaming temp is also very decent considering the ambient temp. The ML240 is not the best 240mm AIO so we have to take that into account.  85c max on cinibench is also alright, its not like you run cinebench 24/7 now is it?  I'd say stop worrying and continue gaming 🙂
I see nothing that is dangerous here.

Aio is kinda meh id suggest a cheap dual tower like the peerless assassin 120 (se) or ag/ak 620 which will crush that ml240, india is very close to china so maybe youll see some solid china alternatives like id cooling available for a decent price though i do know china and india have kinda been really pissed off with eachother so maybe not but might aswell check

12 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Yes I saw I was biased with AIO thinking they will be the best, got wrong here, thanks for the reply mate... 🙂

12 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

12 hours ago, Hinjima said:

50-60 idle and 55-75 gaming while the ambient temp of 40c is not bad at all. Maybe the idle temps are a bit high but nothing I would say is concerning. The gaming temp is also very decent considering the ambient temp. The ML240 is not the best 240mm AIO so we have to take that into account.  85c max on cinibench is also alright, its not like you run cinebench 24/7 now is it?  I'd say stop worrying and continue gaming 🙂
I see nothing that is dangerous here.

Thanks brother, can chill now, was so frustrated I emailed the LTT store team lol....:)