GAMMAXX L240 ( Owned ) vs Peerless Assassin 120 ( $40-50 ) vs Deepcool AK500/620 ( $60/$70 )

Exaco
Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,

For a Ryzen 7 5700X, you honestly don't need that much cooling. A basic single tower cooler is actually fine. However, the PA 120 is such a great value at $40 that, if you can find it around that price, and it's in your budget, there's little reason to go with anything else right now. You either go PA 120, or you go all the way down to something like a $15 tower cooler, or all the way up to the NH-D15 at over $100. The rest of the cooler market is basically pointless unless you want a particular aesthetic.

I'd just go with the PA 120.

Hi there, is it worth to get any of those Air Coolers for R7 5700X also which one would be the best option ? I assume the PA 120 mostly for it's value.

My current GAMMAXX L240 AIO is around 4+ years old.
I've read that AIO pumps can die in around 5ish years ( also last up to 10+ ) which can be any day now especially considering that my PC is nearly 24/7 on and as for the coolant itself there's a refill cap so liquid evaporating isn't an issue. Also if I get any of those AIr coolers I'll simply giveaway this AIO to one of my relatives to replace their stock cooler so it's not a complete waste.

For a Ryzen 7 5700X, you honestly don't need that much cooling. A basic single tower cooler is actually fine. However, the PA 120 is such a great value at $40 that, if you can find it around that price, and it's in your budget, there's little reason to go with anything else right now. You either go PA 120, or you go all the way down to something like a $15 tower cooler, or all the way up to the NH-D15 at over $100. The rest of the cooler market is basically pointless unless you want a particular aesthetic.

I'd just go with the PA 120.