Simple PC for a simple gamer

Budget (including currency): Trying to keep it under $1000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Newer games. Don't care if I can't hit 60fps ultra.

Updated list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4dTszf

Upgraded the RAM and PSU and switched to stock cooling.

Any suggestions/issues there? Something I should upgrade that wouldn't affect the price too much but would help future proofing?

The HDD and SSD are coming from another machine.

Edit: I'll be playing on a 43" 4k TV, but I don't expect to be playing in 4k.

Edited by BlankUsername32

36 minutes ago, BlankUsername32 said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Newer games. Don't care if I can't hit 60fps ultra.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NBqDDq

Any suggestions/issues there? Something I should upgrade that wouldn't affect the price too much but would help future proofing?

Solid build. Do you plan on overclocking your CPU? If the answer is no, then drop the CPU cooler from your build and use the included cooler with the CPU (it's actually pretty decent). Use the saved money from that to buy a more reliable power supply, or at least a set of higher Mhz RAM sticks.. but probably the power supply

39 minutes ago, BlankUsername32 said:

future proofing

Doesnt exist. If you want to build for the future you should think of 2 path which are not future proof but future resistant.

1. Something that will perform the highest at this moment. This will get you the best gaming performance now that slowly goes down until you have to replace the entire system. This is good for microbudget builds but of course is super wasteful if you are environmentally conscious.
  2. Something that have an upgrade path. This means getting platforms that are current and are not slated any time to be replaced, higher wattage PSU than needed, and making sure to over-spec certain supporting components like storage and coolers. This will open you paths to get a neck better performance later on to catch up with the industry, and while it does give you more PC for the dollar, youll be behind in cost of ownership due to older CPU platforms being less efficient.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B650M Pro RS Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($120.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 2.5" 5400 RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: ASRock Challenger D OC Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($309.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Montech X3 Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($68.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Deepcool PM750D 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($97.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $997.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-03 23:03 EDT-0400

Spent your spare budget on doing #2. More lasting supporting components so you just need to care about the 8000 series AMD and new GPU later on.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

56 minutes ago, BlankUsername32 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NBqDDq

So in terms of performance, you actually have very few options. Your build is probably at it's cheapest already. So either get a 7700x(cheaper than 7700), which would still be below $1000.  Another option is to get 6750 xt, for an additional $50 from 6700xt. Or go over budget to $1100, by either getting a7800x3d cpu or 6800xt gpu.

Or you can get a gen3 2tb nvme ssd that's around 60-80 for additional storage. Getting a 850w psu is also option. But not really important if you will be sticking with mid range gpu in the future(200-300w). A better mobo if you are thinking to upgrade the cpu in 2-3yrs.

But what I really can't agree with is playing on a 43inch tv lol but it's your pc your choice. But I guess it's not really an issue if you would inly be playing single players.