New Build First Time Team Red. Need some feedback/advices

Go to solution Solved by filpo,
6 minutes ago, Alphanoun said:

It appears that the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 doesn't fit into the be quiet case. Are there any alternative suggestions for a compatible AIO, or should I consider changing the case altogether?

Consider changing the case to a lancool 216

Budget (including currency): 3000€ (no special limit)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming from little Indie Games to AAA-Games, just normal office programms nothing special

Other details i would like to keep some old parts if possible (SSD, AiO, Case), no new peripherals needed, the build should function for 144Hz 2560 x 1440

Good morning everyone,

i did my research the last day and my conclusion was that i should go with an AMD build for gaming. I never worked with AMD so far and would love to get some feedback on the build so far. I dont need the ultra pc cause playing variete games. The pc should be able to do the job for some years before i need to upgrade again.

Is the AiO that i used so far alright for the new build or do i need something new please with examples.

Good morning, everyone!

I have recently conducted some research, and based on my findings, I have concluded that opting for an AMD build would be ideal for my gaming needs. Although I have never used AMD products before, I am eager to receive some feedback on my current build. I don't require an ultra-powerful PC since I mainly play a variety of games. The goal is to have a PC that can fulfill my requirements for several years before I need to consider upgrading again.

I would greatly appreciate any input on whether the AiO cooling solution I have used so far is suitable for the new build, or if should buy an new one. Please provide examples if possible.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/s2NMBj

Thanks a lot for the help

2 minutes ago, Alphanoun said:

s the AiO that i used so far alright for the new build or do i need something new please with examples.

Good morning, everyone!

I have recently conducted some research, and based on my findings, I have concluded that opting for an AMD build would be ideal for my gaming needs. Although I have never used AMD products before, I am eager to receive some feedback on my current build. I don't require an ultra-powerful PC since I mainly play a variety of games. The goal is to have a PC that can fulfill my requirements for several years before I need to consider upgrading again.

I would greatly appreciate any input on whether the AiO cooling solution I have used so far is suitable for the new build, or if should buy an new one. Please provide examples if possible.

ye this aio should be fine for the 7800X3D

I would go for this with a 4090 and lower latency ram

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/qDVNRv

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€473.99 @ Mindfactory) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (Purchased For €0.00) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€236.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL28 Memory  (€126.90 @ Mindfactory) 
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For €0.00) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: MSI RTX 4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card  (€1713.97 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€93.90 @ Galaxus) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€178.77 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €2824.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-02 08:51 CEST+0200

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

15 minutes ago, Alphanoun said:

Budget (including currency): 3000€ (no special limit)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming from little Indie Games to AAA-Games, just normal office programms nothing special

Other details i would like to keep some old parts if possible (SSD, AiO, Case), no new peripherals needed, the build should function for 144Hz 2560 x 1440

Good morning everyone,

i did my research the last day and my conclusion was that i should go with an AMD build for gaming. I never worked with AMD so far and would love to get some feedback on the build so far. I dont need the ultra pc cause playing variete games. The pc should be able to do the job for some years before i need to upgrade again.

Is the AiO that i used so far alright for the new build or do i need something new please with examples.

Good morning, everyone!

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/s2NMBj

Thanks a lot for the help

Nice build ^^ ... the only thing I would change is the case and AIO.  Find a case with better airflow such as this one in the link for example.

https://geizhals.de/lian-li-lancool-216-a2847029.html   

https://lian-li.com/product/lancool-216/  

https://geizhals.de/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-360-acfre00068a-a2152640.html  

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-360-argb-review 

1 minute ago, Why_Me said:

Nice build ^^ ... the only thing I would change is the case and AIO.  Find a case with better airflow such as this one in the link for example.

Only reason they put the AIO in there is because they already have it. IMO its alright for now (it can cool a 7800X3D). If they were buying this AIO new then ye but if they already have it I don't see a reason to sidegrade

Current parts list

5 minutes ago, filpo said:

because they already have it

Yeah but shits WAY past its prime if OP bought this on launch. Id be more cautious with an AIO cooler if its already 5-8 years old, keep a closer ear on the pump.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (€45.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B650-P WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€207.90 @ Alza) 
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL30 Memory  (€116.98 @ Galaxus) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€104.26 @ Galaxus) 
Video Card: PNY XLR8 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X RGB GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card  (€1689.00 @ Computeruniverse) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€107.89 @ Caseking) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€131.38 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €2877.30
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-02 09:17 CEST+0200

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

39 minutes ago, filpo said:

Only reason they put the AIO in there is because they already have it. IMO its alright for now (it can cool a 7800X3D). If they were buying this AIO new then ye but if they already have it I don't see a reason to sidegrade

Sidegrade?  Do you actually think that 240mm AIO cools nearly as well as that Arctic 360? Meanwhile what's with sticking that Pop Air in a $3000 build.

3 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

Meanwhile what's with sticking that Pop Air in a $3000 build.

Its a Good budget case. Then again you got money to spend.

3 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

Sidegrade?  Do you actually think that 240mm AIO cools nearly as well as that Arctic 360?

I thought that was a 240 arctic rad lmao 😄

Current parts list

Thanks for the advice provided so far.

I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading to a 4090 for approximately €700 more than my current build with the RX 7900 XTX.

If it turns out that my chosen AiO is outdated, I will follow your suggestions.

Does the case really make a huge difference?

Just now, Alphanoun said:

I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading to a 4090 for approximately €700 more than my current build with the RX 7900 XTX.

no its not

Just now, Alphanoun said:

Does the case really make a huge difference?

Not really but the lian li lancool 216 really is very good for 110 euros

Current parts list

It appears that the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 doesn't fit into the be quiet case. Are there any alternative suggestions for a compatible AIO, or should I consider changing the case altogether?

6 minutes ago, Alphanoun said:

Consider changing the case to a lancool 216

Current parts list

So the build would be then:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/NCfWW4

Potential Issues / Incompatibilities:

Warning: The MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor with BIOS version 7D75v13. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU.

Is that a huge problem or easy to fix?

1 hour ago, Alphanoun said:

So the build would be then:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/NCfWW4

Ye but I would change a thing or two. I swapped out the 360 rad for a 420 for better compatibility later on, a bigger case to fit the longer and better gpu as well as the bigger rad 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/py4zBj

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420 72.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€113.90 @ Alza) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  (€237.77 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL28 Memory  (€127.68 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For €0.00) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: XFX Speedster MERC 310 Black Edition Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  (€1034.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL III RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€142.54 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€131.38 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €2262.25
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-02 14:08 CEST+0200

1 hour ago, Alphanoun said:

Potential Issues / Incompatibilities:

Warning: The MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor with BIOS version 7D75v13. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU.

Is that a huge problem or easy to fix?

easy to fix. Its just an easy bios update which is easy enough to do with bios flashback 

Current parts list