Nvidia lying?

MitchyK

Yeah big surprise a corporation lying. But this is so blatant. 

I upgraded my Geforce experience and up pops a picture of a 4060 Ti FE. Along with quote "Must buy" tweak town. So i checked tweak towns website as nobody so far has said must buy AFAIK.

Anyway their site says underwhelming amongst other things but not "must buy". Clearly they have said that about something Nvidia related in the past and they are using this quote to try and sell cards.

Is this even illegal in this corporate/lobbied world?

Shouldn't they be put on blast for stuff like this?

I'm not against Nvidia, hell i have a 3080Ti in my current rig, but this stuff leaves a nasty taste in the mouth, ya know?

8 minutes ago, MitchyK said:

Yeah big surprise a corporation lying. But this is so blatant. 

I upgraded my Geforce experience and up pops a picture of a 4060 FE. Along with quote "Must buy" tweak town. So i checked tweak towns website as nobody so far has said must buy AFAIK.

Anyway their site says underwhelming amongst other things but not "must buy". Clearly they have said that about something Nvidia related in the past and they are using this quote to try and sell cards.

Is this even illegal in this corporate/lobbied world?

Shouldn't they be put on blast for stuff like this?

I'm not against Nvidia, hell i have a 3080Ti in my current rig, but this stuff leaves a nasty taste in the mouth, ya know?

if you looked at the news they litteraly said that theyd rather stop production to keep the prices high...

ngreedia has always done this, u just havent noticed it

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

Its not illegal for them to do cause they are only displaying something that the press said at some point. Now, the waters get muddied a bit if they preface something with a sightly altered take on the article that they link to that headline. Illegal? Probably not. Immoral? All day long.They make it so you need to click the links and drill down to get the truth. They are taking advantage of the headline reading only world were in right now. Thats great you caught it and understand whats going on and sure you can put them on blast for immoral activity, sure. In the end you should always do your research for anything you do, especially in this day and age.

Here is the screenshot that was asked for.

Sorry for quality but had to use my phone as nvidia installer blocks my screenshot program!

20230601_141701.jpg

1 hour ago, Helly said:

Well you read it wrong. It's not a lie. Case closed i guess. That is literally what it says on their site.

ttMustHave.png.d6a4daf488df316288d8aa56581d2781.png

I was about to say, maybe a case of taking things out of context to the extreme. Like I remember an advertisement for a product with a a quote "a great product" yet the full quote on the reviewers website was something like "a great product if you like to waste money..."

Tho this doesn't seem like the case, nor can NVIDIA pull this off. They're too big to realistically get away with twisting reviews unlike a small company you've never heard of before.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 hour ago, Helly said:

Well you read it wrong. It's not a lie. Case closed i guess. That is literally what it says on their site.

ttMustHave.png.d6a4daf488df316288d8aa56581d2781.png

they also said this right at the start of their review; Shortlist, not must buy!

Screenshot_126.png

26 minutes ago, MitchyK said:

they also said this right at the start of their review; Shortlist, not must buy!

Screenshot_126.png

The "Must have" is related to that stamp on the right.

Anyway, you should complain about Tweak Town for such propaganda, not nvidia for making use of it.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

But buy is crossed out and "must buy" is nowhere to be seen.

Just thought i'd mention more corporate bull but as some people here seem to have blinkers on for corporate entities i'll keep my opinions to myself in future.

Goodnight all.

6 minutes ago, MitchyK said:

But buy is crossed out and "must buy" is nowhere to be seen.

Just thought i'd mention more corporate bull but as some people here seem to have blinkers on for corporate entities i'll keep my opinions to myself in future.

Goodnight all.

No need to be mad.

You thought Nvidia was making things up and said they were blatantly lying.

It's then revealed that they weren't lying.

Nvidia's quote is not "must buy". It's "must have", and that is in fact present on Tweaktown's review. Not in the form of searchable text, but instead in the image and the award they gave it. This is how the reward looks:

badge_recommended.png.ec6da79e757cf63af812bd8d5c7bcd27.png

See how it says "MUST HAVE" in all caps at the top? That's what Nvidia is quoting.

I am not sure why you are so upset about this. Besides, it's just an ad, an ad that didn't actually lie, unless you disagree with TweakTown's review but then you shouldn't be mad at Nvidia.

It's okay to point out "corporate bullshit", but pointing out that a company didn't lie just because you missed something is not "having blinders on for corporate entities". It just makes you sound like a mad fanboy on a witch-hunt.

Yeah my bad. Tweak town review says must have at the top, but it still doesn't say that anywhere in the review. It says dissapointing, underwhelming, questionable long term viability due to 8GB VRAM Etc.

I wouldn't call that a must have. There are shenanigans somewhere i can't quite figure out where.

Nevermind.

30 minutes ago, MitchyK said:

. There are shenanigans somewhere i can't quite figure out where.

Nevermind.

Clearly tweaktown. Why say dissapointing and then put a giant badge that says must buy?

Maybe they don't want blacklisting by Nvidia?

36 minutes ago, MitchyK said:

Maybe they don't want blacklisting by Nvidia?

sure are trying real hard to blame Nvidia for your false assumption.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

No i'm not.

Good day to you.

2 hours ago, MitchyK said:

Yeah my bad. Tweak town review says must have at the top, but it still doesn't say that anywhere in the review. It says dissapointing, underwhelming, questionable long term viability due to 8GB VRAM Etc.

I wouldn't call that a must have. There are shenanigans somewhere i can't quite figure out where.

Nevermind.

I think the problem here is that you really dislike the 4060 Ti for some reason, and choosing to focus very heavily on the parts of the review you agree with but ignoring the other ones, thus not reaching the same conclusions as TweakTown. 

And since you are unable to view things in different lights and have such strong feelings about this product, you start looking to conspiracy theories to explain why someone might not fully agree with you. 

"There are shenanigans somewhere, I can't quite figure out where" is a bad mentality to have. It's basically a "witch-hunt". 

No it isn't. It's being able to think critically. I have nothing against the 4060ti or any other Nvidia product per se.

I think after the cryptocurrency mining boom their prices are starting to get ridiculous, but whatever.

My next gfx card will probably end up being the 4080 or whatever the 5 series equivalent is.

My 3080Ti runs my samsung odyssey Neo G9 Perfectly fine, but more FPS are always good.

I didn't read the review with any mentality, I just know that Nvidia picked two words out of a whole review to make something seem better than it is.

Sorry, I won't do that again around these parts.

Honestly even if the 4060TI has one good review, it's been slated by most reviewers, so I wouldn't pay it much attention. It's just an ad, you can choose to ignore it if you aren't interested.

It wouldn't shock me if some ads were "light" on the truth, but this seems like a NFA issue.

23 minutes ago, MitchyK said:

No it isn't. It's being able to think critically. I have nothing against the 4060ti or any other Nvidia product per se.

But you seem to have something against Nvidia. You misread something and then assumed that Nvidia was the bad guy. Not very critical thought in my opinion.

Again I have nothing against Nvidia. They are a corporation like any other and NOT YOUR FRIEND.

They exist to make money out of the population and that's it.

Sometimes that involves taking two words out of a review and missing all the other bits. When they do i think it should be pointed out.

The same with Asus for the recent Motherboard debacle, Gigabyte with their PSU's Etc.

21 minutes ago, MitchyK said:

Sometimes that involves taking two words out of a review and missing all the other bits

they literally just used tweaktown's review summary badge name.

it's like complaining that a game advertises itself with:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - IGN

but in the review IGN also points out the shortcomings, but still gave it 5 stars.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

To be honest the whole 4000 series isn't perfect, 

- The 4090 / 4080 is too expensive, too big, and uses daft amounts of power

- The 4070 is not a compelling upgrade for a 3000 series owner

- I have no experience with the 60 range of cards, so I won't say anything here.

AMD's cards have their own issues this tier, but Nvidia's move to essentially up the pricing across the entire stack (remember the 3080 was $650) is disappointing to me as a customer.

In short I think this generation is probably worth passing on, unless you have very old hardware, in which case buy a 3000 series card (or AMD's 6000 series, those things are insanely good value right now) until the next gen launches.

6 hours ago, MitchyK said:

Nevermind.

TweakTown writes "MUST HAVE" above most of their review awards. In this case it's basically damning with faint praise, and Nvidia quoting it clearly had the desired effect: the appearance of an overwhelmingly positive review from a review site.

https://www.tweaktown.com/awards/index.html

It's actually less meaningful than when MacAddict rated almost everything "Freakin' Awesome" or "Spiffy" back in the day.

image.png.3c841e844b7788036c34b2ecf5deab63.png

I sold my soul for ProSupport.