Pci 4x adaptors

Stin6667
Go to solution Solved by Alex Atkin UK,
46 minutes ago, Stin6667 said:

Good day,

So I was wanting to upgrade some of the networking in the house. And Bought a few 10gbe nics. Every other pc in the house including the NAS as a slot that can take a 4x. Now, I assumed since my pc is the newest in the house, it should have one. Well I assumed wrong. I have an x570s tomahawk. Which has 2 x1 slots and 2 x16 slots( one is chipset and one is cpu). The x1s are pcie 3.0 from what I read. And from what I could read  that would not be enough for a 10gbe nic. So I tried looking for a x16 to x4 in my area. Can not seem to find anything. I even went to a dedicated cable store(pc cable store), nothing. Is there even such a thing? I was thinking of using the m.2 slot. I am not sure if that is a good idea or not. I am kinda out of ideas. Does anyone with better insite than me have a solution? Thanks.

(on an unrealated point) I also got an OG ps2. I can be wrong with this. But, I remember a video with linus and look reviewing a upscaler that was acutally good. Do you have the name of said device?

Thanks for any help you can give

J

You use the x16 slot connected to the chipset.  Its probably only electrically wired for x4 anyway.

Good day,

So I was wanting to upgrade some of the networking in the house. And Bought a few 10gbe nics. Every other pc in the house including the NAS as a slot that can take a 4x. Now, I assumed since my pc is the newest in the house, it should have one. Well I assumed wrong. I have an x570s tomahawk. Which has 2 x1 slots and 2 x16 slots( one is chipset and one is cpu). The x1s are pcie 3.0 from what I read. And from what I could read  that would not be enough for a 10gbe nic. So I tried looking for a x16 to x4 in my area. Can not seem to find anything. I even went to a dedicated cable store(pc cable store), nothing. Is there even such a thing? I was thinking of using the m.2 slot. I am not sure if that is a good idea or not. I am kinda out of ideas. Does anyone with better insite than me have a solution? Thanks.

(on an unrealated point) I also got an OG ps2. I can be wrong with this. But, I remember a video with linus and look reviewing a upscaler that was acutally good. Do you have the name of said device?

J

46 minutes ago, Stin6667 said:

Good day,

J

You use the x16 slot connected to the chipset.  Its probably only electrically wired for x4 anyway.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

8 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

A 4x card will work in a 16x slot.

10 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I know I might sound really stupid here. But I tried putting the card in the x16 slot But It looked like the card was fatter than the slot. thats why I stopped, and tried to find a converter. Okay, I will try again tonight.

Thanks!