Fed up with Chrome anti VPN "safety" (my a**) features, thoughts ?

I'm using a VPN since at least 3 years, only recently (maybe 1 month ago) Chrome started to pi** me off by requesting unending series of captcha pics and such every f***g time I open a tab !

Won't ever give up a VPN to avoid spying/government censorship/targeted ads and such

I could get a dedicated IP to avoid the hassle, but this is paid subscription and cost as much as a VPN if not more (mine is NordVPN, costs like 3EUR a month on a 3 years subscription)

Is there another solution to stop that Google crap ?

Sure I can use other search engines but technically Google is better, and yes I admit I want to freeride it 馃槢

System : AMD R9 5900X聽/ Gigabyte聽X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18聽/聽ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /聽聽Eisbaer 280mm AIO聽(with 2xArctic P14 fans)/ 2TB Crucial T500聽 NVme +聽2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDDdrives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/聽聽Alienware AW3420DW 34"120Hz聽3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight聽mouse / Audeze Maxwell聽headphones

15 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Chrome started to pi** me off by requesting unending series of captcha pics and such every f***g time I open a tab !

that honestly sounds like a shady plugin going haywire, not a chrome issue...

also;

16 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

a dedicated IP to avoid the hassle

would greatly improve the ease of

16 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

spying/government censorship/targeted ads

i've never understood the idea that a dedicated IP is someho wbeneficial for privacy.

7 minutes ago, manikyath said:

that honestly sounds like a shady plugin going haywire, not a chrome issue...

also;

would greatly improve the ease of

i've never understood the idea that a dedicated IP is someho wbeneficial for privacy.

Huh my bad I meant "Google" is asking me verification not Chrome, mixed up the names (as they're the same..)

Dedicated IP on a VPN allows you to avoid those kind of hassle (sites detecting VPN servers because they have many users at once, some refuse conenction other ask for verification), yet masking your real location

I'd check my plugins, don't have many, didn't think of it thx 馃檪

System : AMD R9 5900X聽/ Gigabyte聽X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18聽/聽ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /聽聽Eisbaer 280mm AIO聽(with 2xArctic P14 fans)/ 2TB Crucial T500聽 NVme +聽2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDDdrives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/聽聽Alienware AW3420DW 34"120Hz聽3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight聽mouse / Audeze Maxwell聽headphones

You've basically answered your own question here. It sounds like you know why it happens and what the solutions are, and the trade offs for those solutions.

You could add Google to the whitelist of your VPN so it doesn't route it, which like the other solutions, has a trade off.

Just now, PDifolco said:

yet masking your real location

dedicated IP does the opposite: it ties the IP to your exact location / person, because the IP never changes location / you never change IP.

Just now, manikyath said:

dedicated IP does the opposite: it ties the IP to your exact location / person, because the IP never changes location / you never change IP.

Nope, over a VPN you can tie it to many locations in the world (at least amongst a list of the one your provider propose, I can use USA, many EU countries, Japan, Australia, HK..)

Just now, PDifolco said:

Nope, over a VPN you can tie it to many locations in the world (at least amongst a list of the one your provider propose, I can use USA, many EU countries, Japan, Australia, HK..)

but if you still have the same IP (which "dedicated IP" would be), the location it reports is essentially useless.

6 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You've basically answered your own question here. It sounds like you know why it happens and what the solutions are, and the trade offs for those solutions.

You could add Google to the whitelist of your VPN so it doesn't route it, which like the other solutions, has a trade off.

Well, I thought there would be more intelligent and competent people with better anwers 馃檪

Google and streaming services (Netflix and such) are actively blacklisting VPN servers, which is a quite bad thing for the little privacy and freedom we still can have...

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

but if you still have the same IP (which "dedicated IP" would be), the location it reports is essentially useless.

That's the trick, a dedicated IP don't trigger "VPN server incoming", but your location is masked/false, so useless for spying services

1 minute ago, PDifolco said:

That's the trick, a dedicated IP don't trigger "VPN server incoming", but your location is masked/false, so useless for spying services

the location the IP reports is utterly meaningless for so-called spying services.. the only ones that rely on that are those "hot singles in you area" ads on shady websites.

not that they care about your location anyways - they care about selling you crap.

49 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Won't ever give up a VPN to avoid spying/government censorship/targeted ads and such

You do realise google is no different right?

I use duckduckgo and honestly its nice having peace of mind, ofc im not hellbent on privacy but id like a decent amount of it just for peace of mind and minimizing google usage does help

For anything you really reallydont want anyone to know about 馃槈 just use tor