The Metro - 1080p Budget Killer Gaming PC

Hello everyone,

The idea is to create a 1080p gaming machine, that is also gonna serve for multimedia, web browsing, music, and some other low-demanding tasks. Budget is around $1000. The color scheme of the build is going to be Black/Yellow with a lot of custom modding I will do. It will look pretty nice and gonna post some HD pictures once it's done.

So the complete PC right now in my head is impossible, I wanted to build a nice gaming rig, and then, slowly upgrade. Let's start with the parts of upcoming machine:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k - thought going with the common, great all-round 4770k. Not much games use hyper-threading (if any) so i saved a nice $100 (my country pricing) going with the 4670k which is still an awesome CPU.

GPU: MSI R9 270X HAWK Edition - An awesome 1080p budget graphics card. Very silent and cool. Awesome benchmarking results as well. More than enough for now - planning to upgrade the GPU later, once more demanding games come out.

MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPOWER Z87 - A great looking, solid feature-packed motherboard that is also not expensive. I don't use ALL the bells and whistles so figured out I could save a little - still has everything I need. Trusted brand as well, good over-clocking abilities and I wanted a z87 chipset.

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro - This case is just released, it is a perfect full tower case. No compromises at all. Incredible release at just $99. Also wanted a full tower due to a lot of future upgrades I'm gonna be doing. Also comes with a 200mm fan, PSU Bracket. Sweet for modding. Gonna mount some 360mm radiators and other cool stuff over time when I get more money.

PSU: Thermaltake Smart-SE 730M - Had to save a bit here. Still a trusted brand, 80+ Bronze certified, very quiet, 140mm fans, modular. Nice black cables. Maybe will order custom-sleeved cables (will see). Gonna put some stickers on it to match the wanted color scheme. Very cheap in my country.

STORAGE: Western Digital 2TB HDD - for now, gonna buy a 120GB SSD later for the OS, few apps, and a few games. SSD comes later. May add another HDD later but for now 2TB is enough for me.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1x8GB 1866 DIMM - RAM is also gonna be upgraded to 16GB later. Common 8GB will be just fine for now, also Corsair is a trusted brand. Kind of standard here.

COOLING: Phanteks included 200mm front and 140mm rear will be painted black/yellow. Other fans will be Corsair AF140mm painted black/yellow also.

For the CPU Cooling i'll use a cheap air cooler for the beginning, later i will probably build a custom cooler myself. 360mm rad, EK/Swiftec Water-block...Gonna look very cool (pun intended).

PERIPHERALS:

Display: 27" professional gaming monitor. Haven't decided yet, but aiming at BenQ/ASUS. I need 1ms/144hz refresh rate. 1080p of course.

Keyboard: Most likely Corsair K40 Mechnical. Considering some others as well.

Mouse: Most likely Corsair Raptor M40/Steelseries Sensei. Maybe this will change but I don't think so.

Headset: Most likely Corsair Vengeance 2100. I really want headset to be wireless, so considering anything wireless.

Speakers: NO_CLUE 1

Mouse Matt: Corsair XL

CUSTOM

A killer very large & long desk which is already done, will post pictures soon.

Cable Box to hide all the cables in need of clean look and minimalistic feel.

Headphone Holder

Ikea Organizers

Mini Fridge with Cold Drinks and other stuff (silent)

That's it guys. Tried to make it to satisfy all my needs while on a budget, awesome gaming performance with the aesthetics I want, also a minimal look on the desk.

What do you think? Please recommend anything. Peripheral/watercooling component advises will be appreciated!

I would probably go for 2x4GB sticks of 1600

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I would probably go for 2x4GB sticks of 1600

I thought going with 1x8GB because I will be buying another one shortly after it. Then dual-channel 16GB

I thought going with 1x8GB because I will be buying another one shortly after it. Then dual-channel 16GB

16gb on abudget build? no... and 16gb isn't really useful for gaming.

Diamond 5 in League :)

What about your OS?

And I'd go 24" dependng on how far away from you it is going to be.

And probably a mid tower case, trust me, once you get a full tower one you'll see that it's too big, that's what I did.

Compatible with Windows 95

16gb on abudget build? no... and 16gb isn't really useful for gaming.

8GB, another 8 will come the next year or so when I have some money around.

What about your OS?

And I'd go 24" dependng on how far away from you it is going to be.

And probably a mid tower case, trust me, once you get a full tower one you'll see that it's too big, that's what I did.

I have a 24" right now, my future desk will be wider so more space between me and the screen, so 27 is perfect for me.

Haven't thought about OS? which one is the best for gaming? Windows 7 pro 64-bit? most likely. Dont like the 8.1 too much smartphone-like. I want a desktop experience on my desktop

Haven't thought about OS? which one is the best for gaming? Windows 7 pro 64-bit? most likely. Dont like the 8.1 too much smartphone-like. I want a desktop experience on my desktop

Windows 8 needs to be seen to be believed to be honest, it's really great.

Going back to Windows 7 for me just seems outdated to be honest.

Compatible with Windows 95

Windows 8.1 is the best.

There's no difference in performance between the Pro, Home Premium, or any other version of Windows. They just have different features that are irrelevant for most people. 

Just get StartIsBack or any of the many other programs that brings the start menu back. That's generally the biggest issue with users transitioning from Win7 to Win8/8.1.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

where you got the primo for 99$? that's a freaking steal.

Live your life like a dream.

where you got the primo for 99$? that's a freaking steal.

They're 100 bucks in Australia :/

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte 270 @ 1270MHz RAM: 6gb @ 667MHz HDD: 500gb 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider 500W