the spout lid on my water bottle broke off what is the best way to remove it without more damage

yesterday the spout lid broke and until i can buy a new one (usually for me it takes about a month for my order to be delivered) what is the best way to get the lid off?. i did try to glue it back together as you can see in the attached images it didnt work well 

edit: sorry for the bad image the camera on my phone isnt great 

20230526_133649.jpg

1 hour ago, opi3636 said:

yesterday the spout lid broke and until i can buy a new one (usually for me it takes about a month for my order to be delivered) what is the best way to get the lid off?. i did try to glue it back together as you can see in the attached images it didnt work well 

edit: sorry for the bad image the camera on my phone isnt great 

20230526_133649.jpg

Use epoxy glue if you want strength.
It won't look neat, but it should work.

Tips :

- Try to get a black colored epoxy glue.

- Try to get a rapid dry one, it probably won't be as strong as the 24 hour dry one. But should be ok. This way you won't need to hold the 2 parts in place until it settles for too long.

- Cover any area that you don't want the glue to adhere to with masking tape, in case there's drops when you are applying the glue.

If we're staying on topic:
If you want to just salvage the lid, you can try pressing the inside parts a bit using long nosed pliers while wiggling it out.

as can be seen on the 2nd & 3rd pic in this forum post :

It's basically just latched on.

The "Knob" is shaped somewhat like a mushroom, the enlarged front is what keeping it in the hole.

I can't guarantee there won't be any broken "latch" since I don't own one and don't know how well built it is or how good the material is.

But at the very least you can use the lid without the broken handle dangling around.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

If you want to remove that part completely, grind the handle nubs smooth with a file or sandpaper. It's all solid plastic so it should come out okay.

Then wash it again so you don't get plastic crumbs next time you take a drink.

I wouldn't expect any glue to hold well without some mechanical reinforcement. That's not a lot of surface area for glue to hold against tension. You'd have to drill a small hole in the nub and remaining handle, lace them together with some thin wire, then stick the whole mess back together with something like two-part epoxy. It won't be pretty but it might hold.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.