13900K hits 100c all core during Cinebench test.

Go to solution Solved by filpo,
Just now, Nexblitzer said:

Yes, The 011D with 3 P12 arctic fans running for intake.

Sorry to say but these temps sound normal then. You could always try undervolting. 

Yeah, So those temps are not ideal. To make things worse, My idle temps are going nuts. Jumping from about 40 to just under 60c idle. Less then 5% load max. I'm running with 64Gb of 5600mhz Ram which isn't causing me issues, and I'm also using a Z690 Aero G DDR5, which seems to be pushing about 1.1 v to just under 1.4 Under 100% load about. 1.392v. (hits 1.3v+ during idle though)

Are these voltages normal, and if not how can I best tune them so I'm not operating in a sauna under a normal gaming load?

P.S Using a 280mm Arctic AIO!

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

Did you watch literally any review? That is pretty normal behavior especially with 280 AIO

Yeah I did watch *literally any review*. But it shouldn't hit 100c *immediately* with a 280mm AIO. I'd be fine with high 90's, but not that. Also, if you have nothing of value to add to this conversation except *YoU ShoUlD haved WatChEd RevIEws*, Please take yourself elsewhere if your not going to at least provide insight to my question and add anything useful *at all*

17 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

Yeah I did watch *literally any review*. But it shouldn't hit 100c *immediately* with a 280mm AIO. I'd be fine with high 90's, but not that. Also, if you have nothing of value to add to this conversation except *YoU ShoUlD haved WatChEd RevIEws*, Please take yourself elsewhere if your not going to at least provide insight to my question and add anything useful *at all*

If you put in effort to look it up you would have found it pretty quick, pretty easy to tell when someone puts in very little effort and then complains about it. These cpus get hot fast, especially on an all core workload. Any credible channel that did a review on it would have showed the temp issues, and what to do to slightly mitigate it. You provided two cases, Idle temps that are between 40-60 means pretty much nothing  when ambient isnt mentioned, airflow of the case etc.

You Put in little effort and just asked if they were normal, your question was answered saying yes its pretty normal. Put in more effort to learn about the hardware you are using, especially about thermals. You would have seen the countless posts and videos on it, yet you get defensive about if you actually put in any effort looking on the subject. If you dont want to put in the effort to help yourself as well as get advice, you pretty much wont get very far.

1 hour ago, Nexblitzer said:

Yeah I did watch *literally any review*. But it shouldn't hit 100c *immediately* with a 280mm AIO. I'd be fine with high 90's, but not that

if it hits 100 immeadiately on a 420 aio I don't think its weird for it to hit 100 instantly. Its a pretty power hungry chip

1 hour ago, Nexblitzer said:

Also, if you have nothing of value to add to this conversation except *YoU ShoUlD haved WatChEd RevIEws*,

tbh you should always watch reviews before getting a product. I know its not constructive but just advice

What case do you have? And are there many fans providing the aio with air? 

If the 13900k is at 100c then its normal, nothing to worry about (since its on a 280 rad). Your not normally gonna hit the chip with this much strain anyways so I would just leave it or try undervolting it 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

23 minutes ago, filpo said:

if it hits 100 immeadiately on a 420 aio I don't think its weird for it to hit 100 instantly. Its a pretty power hungry chip

tbh you should always watch reviews before getting a product. I know its not constructive but just advice

What case do you have? And are there many fans providing the aio with air? 

If the 13900k is at 100c then its normal, nothing to worry about (since its on a 280 rad). Your not normally gonna hit the chip with this much strain anyways so I would just leave it or try undervolting it 

Just now, Nexblitzer said:

Sorry to say but these temps sound normal then. You could always try undervolting. 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 hour ago, Shimejii said:

If you put in effort to look it up you would have found it pretty quick, pretty easy to tell when someone puts in very little effort and then complains about it. These cpus get hot fast, especially on an all core workload. Any credible channel that did a review on it would have showed the temp issues, and what to do to slightly mitigate it. You provided two cases, Idle temps that are between 40-60 means pretty much nothing  when ambient isnt mentioned, airflow of the case etc.

You Put in little effort and just asked if they were normal, your question was answered saying yes its pretty normal. Put in more effort to learn about the hardware you are using, especially about thermals. You would have seen the countless posts and videos on it, yet you get defensive about if you actually put in any effort looking on the subject. If you dont want to put in the effort to help yourself as well as get advice, you pretty much wont get very far.

Ok, I'll do you one better. Ambient is 22c, There are 3 Arctic P12's in a 011DXL with dust filters removed.  And I watched many reviews about the 13900K, And only saw extreme throttling with low end air coolers and 240mm liquid coolers. I knew this was a hot chip going in, and I'm very aware it's got some *overheating issues*. It's not easy to cool billions off transistors condensed into a single monolithic die about 1/3rd the size of a 4090 die.

Now yes I didn't go into extreme detail, But I also didn't think I need to when I specifically asked about this "Voltages" being higher then normal. Considering the somewhat vast difference between how voltages fair between motherboard manufacturers, I'm going in with the assumption that GIGABYTE, being the vendor of said motherboard might be pushing voltages too high. Given these differences in said examples, Is it illogical to ask a question about them being *too* high? I've searched this before hand and I have several different answer telling of different results. So I wanted a third opinion by posting here.

9 minutes ago, filpo said:

Ok, THANKYOU for not posting a half arse response to my question, I do appreciate that given my question didn't have every specific. I'm gonna spend the rest of the night tuning and seeing of anything helps. 

yes it will run hot at stock settings.

1.4v seems a bit much imo
Either spend time undervolting or you can set a Watt limit in bios and see how that performs.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15