Two PCs Won't Display and Will not Shutdown without PSU turn off

Flynnius

Yesterday when playing Football Manager my PC stopped displaying and continued running. After cycling the power on the PSU the system would only now either post to BIOS then stop displaying or reach Windows Login then do the same. Every time after it stops displaying, the fans revs up as if under high load. I tried a new RAM and new thermal paste. (Temps were fine when I could look in BIOS). Today the PC won't even display on boot. I borrowed my brother's GPU today hoping it was a GPU issue but that did not fix the issue. After my brother reinstalled his GPU, he has the exact same issues.

Ryzen 5 5600X

GTX 1060 3GB

Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming itx/ac

EVGA 650W GQ

Corsair Vengeance 16 GB in two 8 GB sticks

Any suggestions?

Let me know if anything else is needed!

Sounds like your PSU is dead/dying. I'd send it in for a RMA if it's still under warranty, see if you can test with another PSU. 

16 minutes ago, Flynnius said:

I borrowed my brother's GPU today hoping it was a GPU issue but that did not fix the issue. After my brother reinstalled his GPU, he has the exact same issues.

You mean he had the same result when testing your system right? Not that his PC is getting the same issues now, right?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

2 minutes ago, Fred Castellum said:

Sounds like your PSU is dead/dying. I'd send it in for a RMA if it's still under warranty, see if you can test with another PSU. 

You mean he had the same result when testing your system right? Not that his PC is getting the same issues now, right?

No I mean his PC now now has the exact same issues as mine

10 minutes ago, Flynnius said:

No I mean his PC now now has the exact same issues as mine

Oh, ok dang. Your psu might be causing damage to hardware right now if that's the case. Or the motherboard is do it, though I think that's not as likely. I'd suggest not powering back up again with that PSU, see if you can get anther PSU for testing. That's unfortunate if it killed or damaged your brother's GPU as well. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^